Freyr AS is hiring Head of Technical Department
- Freyr AS
- Head of Technical Department at Freyr AS
Head of Technical Department at Freyr AS
FREYR plans to develop up to 43 GWh of battery cell production capacity by 2025 to position the company as one of Europe’s largest battery cell suppliers. The facilities will be located in the Mo i Rana industrial complex in Northern Norway, leveraging Norway’s highly skilled workforce and abundant, low-cost renewable energy sources from hydro and wind in a crisp, clear and energized environment. Corporate headquarters are located in the Oslo area.
FREYR will supply safe, high energy density and cost competitive clean battery cells to the rapidly growing global markets for electric vehicles, energy storage, and marine applications.
For more information, please visit www.freyrbattery.com.
Freyr AS is hiring Head of Technical Department
We are looking for candidates who want to help run the first battery cell factories in Norway. We plan to build 43GWh capacity over the next 4 years and take the global no.1 positions in both cost and CO2 footprint. The first factory should produce our first battery cells in May 2022. The person who takes on this role will contribute to scaling up 24M’s breakthrough semi-solid technology. They also will have direct influence on building battery production competence in Norway. You will be able to apply everything you know in this role, be challenged and learn a lot. For the right candidate, this role must be a professional dream come true.
The Head of Technical Department will lead a dedicated team of technical battery manufacturing experts with overall responsibility for directing technical development activities relating to 24M battery manufacturing.
- Organize and improve manufacturing processes to meet key performance indicators including cost, safety, efficiency, cycle time, yield, and reliability?
- Review and update technical specifications with suppliers and technology provider
- Review and update quality inspection documentation with suppliers and technology provider
- Participating in technical meetings, design reviews and machine development activities with machine suppliers
- Proactively identify and introduce relevant new technologies into the manufacturing process
- Initiate, follow up, and resolve manufacturing issues
- Participating in site acceptance tests to validate manufacturing processes readiness for production
- Maintain documentation, including validation results, PFMEA & SOPs
- Develop written operational procedures and ensure compliance with relevant standards including IATF 6949
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or Material Science Engineering?
- Minimum 8 years' experience working across multiple parts of the battery cell mass production process
- Demonstrable leadership skills with experience of delivering change programmes
- Knowledge and practical experience with key concepts like PFMEA, GR&R, SPC and process capability
- Knowledge and practical experience with problem-solving methodologies such as 8D, PDCA and 4M1E
- Experience with fixturing, tolerancing, and geometry assurance analysis
- Excellent written communication skills in English, and ability to present complex information to a range of stakeholders
- A proactive and creative problem-solver
- Self-driven with the ability to perform well both individually and in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- Ability to analyse complex data and identify relevant and valuable information
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
- Good digital competence and proficient in standard Microsoft 365 applications
- Ambitious with a commercial mindset
- Thrives in start-up environment
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. You will receive ongoing training according to our high excellence standards. We provide best-in-class onboarding services to help candidates move to Mo, taking care of their families so that the whole family unit enjoys the adventure of a lifetime.
Register CV and a letter of motivation to be considered.
Respond by: 15. august 2021
Start Date: To be agreed
Location: Mo i Rana
For further questions about the position, please contact Freyr`s
Lars Kvadsheim on e-mail: email@example.com
For further questions about the position or process, please contact Jefferson Wells;
Steinar Instefjord on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8606 Mo i Rana
- Kraft og energi
- Ingeniør / Materialteknologi,
- Ingeniør / Elektroingeniør
Manufacturing, 24M battery, PFMEA & SOPs, IATF 6949, Technical specifications
Spørsmål om stillingen
8606 Mo i Rana
|Sist endret||13. jul. 2021 19:54|