Freyr AS is hiring an HSE Engineer
- Freyr AS
- HSE Engineer at Freyr AS
HSE Engineer at Freyr AS
FREYR plans to develop up to 43 GWh of battery cell production capacity by 2025 to position the company as one of Europe’s largest battery cell suppliers. The facilities will be located in the Mo i Rana industrial complex in Northern Norway, leveraging Norway’s highly skilled workforce and abundant, low-cost renewable energy sources from hydro and wind in a crisp, clear and energized environment. Corporate headquarters are located in the Oslo area.
FREYR will supply safe, high energy density and cost competitive clean battery cells to the rapidly growing global markets for electric vehicles, energy storage, and marine applications.
For more information, please visit www.freyrbattery.com.
Freyr AS is hiring an HSE Engineer
FREYR’s mission is to accelerate the decarbonization of all transportation and energy systems by delivering the world’s cleanest and most cost-effective batteries. Freyr will be one of Norway's fastest growing organisations. We are growing into a workforce of over 1500 in two to three years' time. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for candidates who want to play a key role in setting up and running the first battery cell factory in Norway. We are now looking for a HSE Engineer to work at our production facilities at Mo i Rana.
The HSE Engineer will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing and following up HSE activities with the overall goal of building a strong health and safety culture at Freyr production facilities in Mo i Rana. You will be a strong advocate of continual improvement and adopt a risk-based approach to working across the full spectrum of HSE-related activities for the production of lithium-ion battery cells.
- Support Production Managers and Team Leaders in planning and following up daily HSE activities
- Support the development, implementation and review of our HSE management system
- Be a key enabler of building a strong safety culture
- Plan, execute and follow up internal audits of production facilities
- Support external safety inspections and audits of our facilities
- Support in conducting HSE audits and reviews of subcontractors and suppliers
- Plan, design and implement internal training and communications related to HSE
- Owner of the incident reporting system
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, HSE or similar
- At least 2 years’ experience as an HSE engineer or similar role in a production environment
- Familiar with ISO 45001/OHSAS 18001 standards
- A good working knowledge of Norwegian legislation regarding HSE, including internal control
- Familiar with health and safety regulations and quality standards relating to battery production, including the EU Battery Directive
- Experience of implementing and managing HSE systems according to ISO 14001/ISO 45001/ IATF16949 standards
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Interest and willingness to learn and develop HSE competencies for the battery industry in Norway
- A team-player who is able to foster a culture of collaboration
- Systematic and structured approach to work tasks
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- Ability to analyse and act upon complex data
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate a key role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities and ensuring the future success of Freyr. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required. This is a new role with the possibility to influence key decisions relating to the sustainable production of battery cells in a Nordic context.
Register CV and a letter of motivation to be considered.
Respond by: 15. august 2021
Start Date: To be agreed
Location: Mo i Rana
For further questions about the position or process, please contact Jefferson Wells;
Steinar Instefjord on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8606 Mo i Rana
- Kraft og energi
HSE, Planning, Implementing, Safety, ISO 45001/OHSAS 18001
Spørsmål om stillingen
8606 Mo i Rana
|Sist endret||13. jul. 2021 19:40|