Freyr AS is hiring Head of Quality Operations
- Freyr AS
- Head of Quality Operations at Freyr AS
Head of Quality Operations at Freyr AS
FREYR plans to develop up to 43 GWh of battery cell production capacity by 2025 to position the company as one of Europe’s largest battery cell suppliers. The facilities will be located in the Mo i Rana industrial complex in Northern Norway, leveraging Norway’s highly skilled workforce and abundant, low-cost renewable energy sources from hydro and wind in a crisp, clear and energized environment. Corporate headquarters are located in the Oslo area.
FREYR will supply safe, high energy density and cost competitive clean battery cells to the rapidly growing global markets for electric vehicles, energy storage, and marine applications.
For more information, please visit www.freyrbattery.com.
Freyr AS is hiring Head of Quality Operations
FREYR’s mission is to accelerate the decarbonization of all transportation and energy systems by delivering the world’s cleanest and most cost-effective batteries. Freyr will be one of Norway's fastest growing organisations. We are growing into a workforce of over 1500 in two to three years' time. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for candidates who want to be part the first battery cell factory in Norway.
The Head of Quality Operations will be responsible for quality across our production facilities in Northen Norway. This is a critical role in ensuring the short- and long-term success of our business and you will work on defining and implementing a quality vision throughout our operations, setting a strategy for reaching this vision, as well as policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Lead and manage the quality function from new product conception through to warranty
- Establish quality and reliability standards, and define the metrics required to assess performance against these standards
- Implement new quality processes and systems as appropriate
- Assist in continuous improvement activities throughout the business
- Drive any necessary culture change and improvement in business performance to deliver strategic and operational goals
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Develop the Quality Management System in alignment with external standards (ISO 9001/IATF 16949), updating procedures and training team members as required
- Ensure company-wide compliance to legal requirements and customer specifications and standards
- Plan and implement internal audits and assessment of subcontractors
- Report on quality activities on a regular basis
- Educated to degree level (preferably Masters) in a relevant commercial or engineering discipline
- Appropriate qualification/certification in quality management
- 7+ years' experience of leading a quality function with a proven track record in strategic quality leadership
- Knowledge and technical understanding of battery manufacturing processes
- Minimum 1 year’s experience of leading quality management in a manufacturing environment for batteries, semi-conductors or in the automotive industry
- ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 certified auditor
- Systematic and structured approach to work tasks
- Proven ability to solve complex technical problems in a production environment
- Self-driven with the ability to perform well both individually and in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- Excellent written communication skills in English, and ability to present complex information to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
- Good digital competence and proficient in standard Microsoft 365 applications
- Good coaching skills and ability to teach others
- Commercial mindset
- Thrives in start-up environment
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required. We will build our business on three main pillars: speed, scale and sustainability. Freyr has to move fast to meet customer demands and to accelerate the pace of change towards a low-carbon future. This is a new role with the possibility to influence key decisions relating to the production of battery cells in a Nordic context. You will develop your knowledge and skills in a supportive environment with a shared focus on operational excellence, quality and collaboration.
Register CV and a letter of motivation to be considered.
Respond by: 15. august 2021
Start Date: To be agreed
Location: Mo i Rana / Oslo
For further questions about the position or process, please contact Jefferson Wells;
Steinar Instefjord on e-mail: email@example.com
- 8606 Mo i Rana
- Kraft og energi
Quality, Implementation, Improvement, IATF16949, ISO9001
Spørsmål om stillingen
8606 Mo i Rana
|Sist endret||13. jul. 2021 19:33|