Freyr AS is hiring a Social Impact Manager
- Freyr AS
- Social Impact Manager at Freyr AS
Social Impact Manager at Freyr AS
FREYR plans to develop up to 43 GWh of battery cell production capacity by 2025 to position the company as one of Europe’s largest battery cell suppliers. The facilities will be located in the Mo i Rana industrial complex in Northern Norway, leveraging Norway’s highly skilled workforce and abundant, low-cost renewable energy sources from hydro and wind in a crisp, clear and energized environment. Corporate headquarters are located in the Oslo area.
FREYR will supply safe, high energy density and cost competitive clean battery cells to the rapidly growing global markets for electric vehicles, energy storage, and marine applications.
For more information, please visit www.freyrbattery.com.
Freyr AS is hiring a Social Impact Manager
We will build at least 4 battery cell factories of increasing size in Mo i Rana as a significant contribution to the transition to a green economy. Without batteries there can be no real change in the global energy system, the key to limiting global warming. These factories are a significant contribution to a more sustainable future.
The Social Impact Manager is responsible for implementing our Social Impact Strategy, including supply chain engagement strategy around social, labour and human rights, managing partnerships with multilateral institutions, NGOs, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Lead initiatives on Human Rights, Corporate Governance, Supply Chain Sustainability, Responsible Sourcing, Conflict Minerals
- Manage measurement, calculation, and accounting of social sustainability metrics
- Establish policies, KPIs and processes for responsible sourcing, sustainable materials, and social compliance in alignment with UN Global Compact principles and UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Lead sustainability engagement and reviews of suppliers to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships
- Develop supplier sustainability program, including code of conduct, engagement, and review process
- Engage internally and externally to promote traceability of sustainable materials
- Assess options of circular system concepts in our supply chain and engage with potential external partners for global and local solutions
- Engage in global social projects with outside organizations, industry associations, academia and non-profit organizations
- Build relationships with community leaders
- Develop charitable engagement strategy
- Support internal and external sustainability certification, audit and compliance processes, including sustainability requests (surveys, evaluations, questionnaires, scorecards and regulatory submissions) from customers, suppliers and relevant stakeholders
- Support the completion of various questionnaires and disclosures including potentially CDP, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), TCFD, Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), and others
- Monitor progress, manage risks, resolve issues, and regularly report to relevant stakeholders
- Prepare proposals and presentations, and support communications initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Sustainability, Engineering, Environmental science or related field
- Proven sustainability experience, preferably within supply chain
- Knowledge and experience of relevant sustainability and social responsibility regulations including relating to Human Rights and responsible sourcing of materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- MBA / Advanced Degree
- Familiarity with the UNGC principles, UN SDGs and EU Taxonomy
- Experience of designing and/or implementing risk-based supply chain due diligence processes, including risk assessments, audits and assessments
- Proven problem solving abilities
- Takes personal responsibility
- Work well both individually and as part of a team
- Commercial mindset
- Strong self-leadership
- Thrives in start-up environment
- Structured and organized
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required. Freyr has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.
Register CV and a letter of motivation to be considered.
Respond by: 15. august 2021
Start Date: To be agreed
Location: Mo i Rana, Oslo, Trondheim, Home
For further questions about the position or process, please contact Jefferson Wells;
Steinar Instefjord e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1366 Lysaker
- Kraft og energi
Battery, Energy, Social, Impact, Strategy
Spørsmål om stillingen
|Sist endret||13. jul. 2021 07:38|