Corporate Data Protection Specialist
- Laerdal Medical AS
- Corporate Data Protection Specialist
About the job
At Laerdal, our mission is helping save lives and our goal is to help save one million more lives every year, by 2030. Our products and solutions help healthcare professionals to be their best.
We are entering a digital-first world where customers expect to be served in their digital channel of choice, often in real time, throughout their Laerdal journey. In addition, an important part of the business strategy is using digital technologies to change business models and provide new revenue and value-producing opportunities. Laerdal is at a very exciting point with the acceleration in growth of its digital services portfolio and data protection by design and default is very much an integral part of these new product offerings globally.
To meet the business needs and to comply with relevant Data Privacy regulations, Laerdal Medical is looking for an experienced Data Protection Manager. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of privacy compliance processes and for providing advice on all privacy matters across the global organisation. The Data Protection Manager is responsible for monitoring privacy regulations and is the Laerdal main point of contact with data protection authorities.
As Data Protection Manager you will be part of the Corporate Quality & Regulatory Team. The team is responsible for implementation of policies and processes to enable the organization to develop solutions and operate in compliance with the relevant regulations across our 20+ markets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor global privacy regulations relevant for Laerdal markets
- Provide guidance and support in the development of Laerdal's customer facing digital solutions across global markets, and work with developers to achieve privacy by design
- Assessing privacy risks and mitigations in the development of Laerdal's customer facing digital solutions
- Support Data Protection Manager and the Laerdal organisation obtaining relevant data privacy certification of Laerdal processes and/or Laerdal digital solutions
- Corporate data protection role as specialist on Data Protection laws and regulations relevant for Laerdal customers solutions in Laerdal markets
- Corporate data protection role as specialist on Data Protection certification schemes relevant for Laerdal Digital customer solutions
- Providing guidance and support to the Laerdal organisation to help ensure that digital solutions developed by Laerdal are in compliance with the data privacy regulations for target markets
Our ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years of experience of EU data protection laws and detailed knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Master's degree or higher in Business, Law or Engineering
- Operational experience with implementing GDPR requirements in an organisation and/or CIPP/E certification
- Experience with advising project/product teams on privacy impact assessments, DPIAs and privacy risk mitigations for changes to existing products or launching of new products
- Experience conducting impactful reviews (audits, evaluations, gap assessments, due diligence etc)
- Attention to detail and strong drafting experience
- Excellent verbal and written English language proficiency
We are looking for a candidate that can work independently, but also as a valued team player. You have knowledge of and interest in privacy and data protection concern. You have a positive mindset and motivated to learn about emerging technologies and devices. You engage in collaborative problem solving with cross-functional teams and have strong communication and interpersonal skills and professionalism. We value a strong commitment to everything we want to accomplish as a company and appreciate endless curiosity in identifying the right solution for the task.
About your colleagues
You will work in a diverse multi-cultural environment with people who strive towards the shared mission of ‘helping save lives.’ We value each other’s professionalism and enthusiasm and enjoy solving complex challenges.
The job is based in Stavanger, Norway. The position reports to Frank Hermansen, Corporate Data Protection Manager.
We look forward to receiving you CV and application by 15th of August, 2021.
Laerdal is dedicated to our mission of helping save lives. Together with our partners, we believe we can help save one million more lives, every year by 2030.
- 4022 Stavanger
- Industri og produksjon,
- Medisinsk utstyr og rekvisita
Data Protection, GDPR, QA, Data Privacy
|Sist endret||23. aug. 2021 10:47|