Freyr AS is hiring a Principal Engineer, Automation and Plant Integration
- FREYR AS
- Principal Engineer Automation and Plant Integration at FREYR
Principal Engineer, Automation and Plant Integration at FREYR AS
FREYR plans to develop up to 43 GWh of battery cell production capacity by 2025 to position the company as one of Europe’s largest battery cell suppliers. The facilities will be located in the Mo i Rana industrial complex in Northern Norway, leveraging Norway’s highly skilled workforce and abundant, low-cost renewable energy sources from hydro and wind in a crisp, clear and energized environment. Corporate headquarters are located in the Oslo area.
FREYR will supply safe, high energy density and cost competitive clean battery cells to the rapidly growing global markets for electric vehicles, energy storage, and marine applications.
For more information, please visit www.freyrbattery.com.
FREYR is hiring a Principal Engineer, Automation and Plant Integration
We are looking for candidates who want to be a part of the project team to design and build the first Li battery cell plants in Norway. We plan to start to build the first one during the summer this year.
The person who takes on this role will be able to follow the design, installation and ramp up of the production equipment and have influence on the plant solutions, performance and efficiency. You will be able to apply everything you know in this role, be challenged and learn a lot.
You will be leading a team of experienced engineers in participating to work out the right level and solution on the automation, control systems and plant integration. You will also follow the process through all project phases including ramp up of the plants. You will also be participating to work out the specifications for the automation and plant integration and participate in the request process and select the right vendor and solutions.
After placing the purchase order the vendors will be followed closely and you will participate in the design phase, PoPs, FAT, installation, SAT and ramp up of the production.
- Participate to develop, design, build and implement Freyr and 24m technology production equipment and production lines with special fokus on process automation, control systems and plant integration
- Participate in project teams to develope, design, installation, building and ramp up of Li battery cell plants with 24m technology
- Manage a Project workpack team for the automation, control systems and plant integration with 24m technology
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing industry (preferable from Li cell manufacturing), metallurgic or chemical industry as subject matter engineer or subject matter manager within plant automation and control systems. It can be within operation, operation support, technology, development, engineering or maintenance
- Masters degree in automation and control engineering subjects
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience of working in an international and multicultural company
- Experience in design, construction and start-ups of plants or bigger modification projects
- Experience in operation or maitenance
- Proven problem solving abilities
- Takes personal responsibility
- Commercial mindset
- Thrives in start-up environment
- Creates structure
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required.
Freyr has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.
Register CV and a letter of motivation to be considered.
Respond by: 15. august 2021
Start Date: After agreement
Location: Mo i Rana
For further questions about the position, please contact Freyr`s;
Roar Karlsen, Phone: +47 414 40 053/ email@example.com
For further questions about the position or process, please contact Jefferson Wells;
Birthe Øren, Phone: +47 906 85 294/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8606 Mo i Rana
- Kraft og energi
- Ingeniør / Automasjon og instrument
Ingeniør, Automation, Battery, technology, manufacturing
Spørsmål om stillingen
8606 Mo i Rana
|Sist endret||16. aug. 2021 00:09|