Freyr AS is hiring a Project Cost Control
- Freyr AS
- Project Cost Control at Freyr AS
Project Cost Control at Freyr AS
FREYR plans to develop up to 43 GWh of battery cell production capacity by 2025 to position the company as one of Europe’s largest battery cell suppliers. The facilities will be located in the Mo i Rana industrial complex in Northern Norway, leveraging Norway’s highly skilled workforce and abundant, low-cost renewable energy sources from hydro and wind in a crisp, clear and energized environment. Corporate headquarters are located in the Oslo area.
FREYR will supply safe, high energy density and cost competitive clean battery cells to the rapidly growing global markets for electric vehicles, energy storage, and marine applications.
For more information, please visit www.freyrbattery.com.
Freyr AS is hiring a Project Cost Control
FREYR are developing projects in locations within the value chain of sustainable battery production, domestically and internationally, as a significant contribution to the transition to a green economy. The first battery cell factories will be built in Mo i Rana. We have been working on this portfolio for years, and the pre-construction of the first factory will start this summer. We are looking for a highly qualified and experienced candidate who can assume full responsibility of Project Cost control functions for the execution of one of FREYRs battery cell factories.
The Project Cost Controller will be responsible for Cost control of all stages of FREYR project development and be an integrated part of the FREYR project team on the exiting journey of realizing green battery factories in Norway. As Project Cost Controller you will have ownership of the Cost control function for one of FREYR’s large-scale battery cell factories. This Cost control function is constituted of the key parts from all the detailed plans of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and ramp-up through to start of Operations. You will have cost control activities across the organization internally and interfaces towards the contractors’ organisations to form realistic forecast.
The role must understand the unique features and complexity of the project and provide Freyr Management and Project Director with timely and accurate data and information that allows them to make rational informed decisions in relation to the execution of the project scope, cost and schedule. The role must be able to identify and manage cost risk, analyse variances, causes, and propose solutions and mitigations to finally arrive at updated forecast for project delivery.
As part of FREYR’s exiting journey from a start-up company to a full-size industry player the role must be prepared to assume responsibility and put in extra effort to reach business goals. This is a high paced and dynamic environment, requiring a motivated and flexible attitude. You will be expected to delivery without set frames and guidelines, and we hope to see that attitude expressed in your application.
- Develop, manage, and maintain cost control for FREYR’s factory including preparation of accruals and reporting to Finance
- Ensure cost control quality and accuracy for allocated scope
- Preparation of trends, analyzes of problem areas and consequences for costs, with recommendation for corrective actions as a basis for decisions in project management
- Develop the necessary tools for cost control measurement and reporting, monitor cost and produce necessary reports to enable efficient decision making
- Participate in preparation of monthly report and other project reports
- You have a relevant experience in the field and have cost control in large, innovative, and challenging industrial projects with high demands.
- You should be able to form a deep understanding of the project characteristics and scope to tailor the cost control approach to suit the project’s needs.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from large and complex project execution in relevant role
- Expertise using Excel
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in economics
- Fluent in English, both verbal and writing
- Work experience from Northern Europe
- Fluent in Norwegian
- Experience working in an international company
- Experience working in a process industry company
- Experience with different project execution and contract strategies
- Certification / education within Project Management topics
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Takes personal responsibility
- Commercial mindset
- Thrives in start-up environment
- Creates structure
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required. Freyr has to move fast.
The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.
Register CV and a letter of motivation to be considered.
Respond by: 15. august 2021
Start Date: After agreement
For further questions about the position, please contact Freyr`s
Eirik Rye, e-mail: email@example.com
For further questions about the position or process, please contact Jefferson Wells;
Helene Terese Segrov, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1366 Lysaker
- Kraft og energi
Project, Cost, Control, Reporting, Analysis
Spørsmål om stillingen
|Sist endret||9. jul. 2021 08:50|