Freyr AS is hiring a Project Control Manager
- Freyr AS
- Project Control Manager at Freyr AS
Project Control Manager at Freyr AS
FREYR plans to develop up to 43 GWh of battery cell production capacity by 2025 to position the company as one of Europe’s largest battery cell suppliers. The facilities will be located in the Mo i Rana industrial complex in Northern Norway, leveraging Norway’s highly skilled workforce and abundant, low-cost renewable energy sources from hydro and wind in a crisp, clear and energized environment. Corporate headquarters are located in the Oslo area.
FREYR will supply safe, high energy density and cost competitive clean battery cells to the rapidly growing global markets for electric vehicles, energy storage, and marine applications.
For more information, please visit www.freyrbattery.com.
Freyr AS is hiring a Project Control Manager
FREYR are developing projects in locations within the value chain of sustainable battery production, domestically and internationally, as a significant contribution to the transition to a green economy. The first battery cell factories will be built in Mo i Rana. We have been working on this portfolio for years, and the pre-construction of the first factory will start this summer.
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate who can assume the role of a Project Developer for the expanding FREYR project portfolio.
The Project Control Manager will lead the project control team for one of the Gigafactory projects and will ensure that all project control functions are performed during the preparation and execution of the project. This entails improving, implementing and executing best practices for Project Controls. The role must understand the unique features and complexity of the project and provide Freyr Management and Project Director with timely and accurate data and information that allows them to make rational informed decisions in relation to the execution of the project scope, cost and schedule. The role must be able to identify and manage risk, analyze variances, causes, and propose solutions and mitigations to finally arrive at updated forecast for project delivery.
As part of FREYR’s exiting journey from a start-up company to a full-size industry player the role must be prepared to assume responsibility and put in extra effort to reach business goals. This is a high paced and dynamic environment, requiring a motivated and flexible attitude. You will be expected to delivery without set frames and guidelines, and we hope to see that attitude expressed in your application.
- Manage the project control team
- Develop, manage and maintain overall integrated execution plans for FREYR’s factory
- Develop the necessary tools for progress measurement and reporting, monitor progress and produce necessary reports to enable efficient management decision making
- Ensure schedule quality and accuracy for allocated scope
- Cost control, monitoring and forecasting
- Implement effective project risk management
- Implement effective change management process
In general you have a long experience in the field and have been driving large, innovative and challenging industrial projects with high demands. You should be able to form a deep understanding of the project characteristics and scope to tailor the project control approach to suit the project’s needs.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience from large and complex project execution in relevant role (Project Director / Manager / Control / engineer)
- Expertise using professional Project Control tools
- Masters or bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English, both verbal and writing
- Work experience from Northern Europe
- Fluent in Norwegian
- Preferably minimum 5 years’ experience as Project Control Manager
- Experience working in an international company
- Experience working in a process industry company
- Experience with different project execution and contract strategies
- Certification / education within Project Management topics
- Proven problem solving abilities
- Takes personal responsibility
- Commercial mindset
- Thrives in start-up environment
- Creates structure
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required. Freyr has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.
Register CV and a letter of motivation to be considered.
Respond by: 15. august 2021
Start Date: After agreement
For further questions about the position, please contact Freyr`s
Eirik Rye, e-mail: email@example.com
For further questions about the position or process, please contact Jefferson Wells;
Helene Terese Segrov, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1366 Lysaker
- Kraft og energi
Project, Control, Contracts, Cost, Manager
Spørsmål om stillingen
|Sist endret||9. jul. 2021 08:51|