Are you passionate about Materials and Textiles?
- Brav AS
- Material Developer
Do you want to take Brav to the next level? As Materials Developer you lead our explorations into new materials and new fabric constructions. Using your knowledge of textiles you will create materials that meet performance, sustainability and commercial goals.
Your work will be highly collaborative working internally with the cross-functional teams across our brands, whilst externally working closely with global partner mills and ingredient suppliers.
You will be our product area expert for materials, helping to drive forward materials processes across the business.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
Responsible for materials development and innovation:
- Create long-term material innovation pipelines in collaboration with Product Development teams.
- Lead in-season material development to develop progressive materials as needed for apparel and equipment lines to meet the BRAV Timeline and brief.
- Develop, test and specify materials to achieve performance, sustainability, commercial and quality requirements
- Ensure materials information is documented in relevant systems.
- Provide materials guidance to designers and product developers when selecting toolbox / off-the-shelf materials.
Correspond with vendors:
- Communicate daily with offices, mills and ingredient suppliers throughout all stages of the development process.
- Make visits to our key mills to ensure alignment with our requirements and drive on-site development.
Monitoring market and trends:
- Be the product area expert for materials, staying up to date with the latest trends and developments.
- Work collaboratively with Product Development teams to stay informed of Brand product roadmap and exchange ideas on opportunities for materials to fuel innovation and growth.
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to evolve materials processes and materials tool boxes
- Take ownership for standard setting for materials, identifying relevant test standards and pass/fail criteria.
- Providing materials expertise and recommendations to the Quality team to help monitor, evaluate and resolve materials issues in bulk production.
- Play a leading role to shape the sustainability KPIs for materials. Identify ways to lower the environmental impact of materials and take ownership to implement agreed approaches across the business.
- Minimum 3 years academic degree in Textiles.
- 3+ years relevant experience working with performance textiles, in particular knitted fabric or seamless garments
- Extensive understanding of fibres, yarns, fabric construction, warp and circular seamless knitted garments, dyeing, finishing. coating and lamination.
- An understanding of all phases of material development from product ideation to commercialisation.
- Solid experience in product specific materials engineering to meet the requirements of an identified end use.
- Detailed knowledge of sustainability drivers and ways to lower the environmental impact of materials.
- Proven ability to create fabrics and materials that meet performance, sustainability and commercial goals.
- Understanding of international standard materials (ASTM, AATCC, ISO, EN, JIS etc.).
- Working knowledge of the global materials industry and suppliers.
- Very good English language skills, both verbally and written.
- Strong knowledge of digital productivity tools (MS Office/GSuite).
- Strong knowledge of business applications tools (ERP, PLM)
- A sustainable mindset.
- Team player with strong communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Professional attitude, flexible/willing to learn, always pushing for continuous improvement.
- Strong commercial, analytical and entrepreneurial instinct.
- Detail oriented, structured and methodical, knowing that the “devil is in the details”.
- Strong work ethics - willingness to get your hands dirty and get things done.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure following strict timelines.
- Strong planning, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- You are brave and dare to stand out from the crowd and do something different.
- Highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity and capable of dealing with rapid change in technology and market needs.
- You have a genuine interest in nature and an active lifestyle.
The postition reports to Product Development Manager.
Please submit your application in English.
Brav is a major player in the sports and outdoor industry and manages some of the most influential brands in the marketplace, including Swix, Toko, Lundhags, Ulvang and Helsport. We also own and operate the digital platform skisporet.no.
The mission of Brav is to improve our customers’ quality of life. Acting responsibly, we do this by connecting and developing the best talents in the sport and outdoor industry – and support them to develop and produce the most innovative products and services. Our company and community are built upon three values; teamwork, passion and courage, with a strong vision to turn dreams into memories – for our customers and for our employees.
Brav has offices and own companies in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Lithuania, Germany, Russia, Switzerland, Japan and the United States. Our products are sold in more than 30 countries worldwide, see www.brav.com for more info.
We are moving into brand new offices next to Snø at Lørenskog in October. You’ll be working in a brand new building with four floors of offices including top notch design and development facilities, brandstore at the ground floor, and state of the art laboratories for hardware product development.
- Snøkrystallen 11, 1470 Lørenskog
- Idrett og trening,
- Industri og produksjon,
- Design / Industri,
- Design / Klær,
Materials, Textiles, Performance, Innovation, Sustainability
|Sist endret||17. aug. 2021 18:24|