Are you our new Packs and Bags Design Developer?
- Brav AS
- Product Designer / Developer - Packs and Bags
Do you want to take Brav to the next level? As a design developer for packs and bags, you will design and develop functional, sustainable outdoor products that are aligned with our brands’ product philosophies.
Combining a creative flair with technical knowledge you are responsible for creating drawings, mock-ups, patterns, detailed tech packs and specs for designs from proto to production ready products. You will work cross-functionally and cross-brand to ensure a cohesive range of packs and bags.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
Monitoring market and trends
- Product area expert for load carriage, staying up to date with the latest trends and developments in the packs and bags market.
- Work collaboratively with Product Development Managers to support the creation of cohesive packs and bags range plans to meet Brand strategies and drive commercial growth.
Responsible for design and product development
- Responsible for product design including conceptualisation, function, materials, trims and colors, always with a sustainable approach.
- Create patterns, mock ups and prototypes to explore new concepts or construction techniques.
- Lead the development of new materials and trims.
- Execute developments from concept to production ready products meeting sustainability, performance, quality and cost requirements, according to the product development process within BRAV´s Global timeline.
- Develop and maintain product specification, detailed drawings, BOM, materials and trims specifications, cost sheet and other product technical information updated in relevant PLM and PIM systems, for both new and carry-over styles.
- Drive efficiencies by creating a toolbox solution for packs and bags (including materials, trims, new technologies, construction techniques, features, etc.).
Correspond with vendors
- Communicate daily with offices and factories throughout all stages of the development process.
- Regularly visit our factories located in Asia to ensure alignment with our requirements and drive on-site development.
Presentation internally and externally.
- Professionally present product range, concepts and products to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work in close cooperation with the marketing and e-com department to support sell-in.
- Minimum 3 years academic degree in Design (Industrial, Product or Apparel) or Textile Technology / Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience designing and/or developing accessories or packs and bags.
- Extensive understanding of load carriage and its impact on and interface with the human body.
- Proven ability to create functional and commercial designs.
- Detailed knowledge of construction, patterns and textiles with the technical and creative skills to pattern and prototype.
- Extensive proficiency in the use of design packages such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Experience working in Solid Works, CLO, or other 3D programs.
- Knowledge of business applications tools (ERP, PLM).
- Strong knowledge of digital productivity tools (MS Office/GSuite).
- Very good English language skills, both verbally and written.
- A proven sustainable mindset.
- Team player with strong communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Professional attitude, flexible/willing to learn, always pushing for continuous improvement.
- Strong commercial, analytical and entrepreneurial instinct.
- Detail oriented, structured and methodical, knowing that the “devil is in the details”.
- Strong work ethics - willingness to get your hands dirty and get things done.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure following strict timelines.
- Strong planning, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- You are brave and dare to stand out from the crowd and do something different.
- Highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity and capable of dealing with rapid change in technology and market needs.
- You have a genuine interest in nature and an active lifestyle.
The position reports to Product Development Manager.
Please submit your application and CV in English.
Brav is a major player in the sports and outdoor industry and manages some of the most influential brands in the marketplace, including Swix, Toko, Lundhags, Ulvang and Helsport. We also own and operate the digital platform skisporet.no.
The mission of Brav is to improve our customers’ quality of life. Acting responsibly, we do this by connecting and developing the best talents in the sport and outdoor industry – and support them to develop and produce the most innovative products and services. Our company and community are built upon three values; teamwork, passion and courage, with a strong vision to turn dreams into memories – for our customers and for our employees.
Brav has offices and own companies in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Lithuania, Germany, Russia, Switzerland, Japan and the United States. Our products are sold in more than 30 countries worldwide, see www.brav.com for more info.
We are moving into brand new offices next to Snø at Lørenskog in October. You’ll be working in a brand new building with four floors of offices including top notch design and development facilities, brandstore at the ground floor, and state of the art laboratories for hardware product development.
- Snøkrystallen 11, 1470 Lørenskog
- Idrett og trening,
- Industri og produksjon,
- Design / Industri
|Sist endret||17. aug. 2021 17:56|