System Engineer Build & Release to ABAX HQ
- ABAX AS
- System Engineer Build & Release
Would you like to be part of one of the most influential contributors in the future of telematics?
ABAX DevOps department is now strengthening their team with expertise within build & release pipeline. An optimized CI / CD pipeline is critical for the development cycle time of our services.
As our company grows, more and more initiatives are developed. This requires high quality environments for testing and QA, along with effective deployment pipeline. The role as System Engineer – Build & Release will drive improvements to our development cycle, implementing quality assurance steps and deploy workloads to multi-cluster environments.
In the DevOps department, you will collaborate closely with the operations engineers to ensure quality in deployments and infrastructure availability in all environments. We are in a process of containerize all workloads in ABAX, and production environment will be fully in cloud (GCP) within the end of this year.
- Improve ABAX CI / CD pipeline
- Maintainer of build best practice in ABAX
- Multiple environments with different requirements
- Improve our version control system
- Drive improvements in pipeline
- Reduce build time
- Increase automation
- Increase quality of code
- Increase level of security in code
- Deployment visibility
- Optimize staging and review environments
- Distributed system with multiple containers
- Collaborate with development teams to establish build pipeline for new initiatives
- Support developers with build and release issues
- Secure storage of pipeline secrets / environmental variables
- Maintain documentation and “Build & Release knowledge base”
- Contribute to continuous delivery cycle
- Priming of test data into environments
- Multiple database solutions in tech stack
We offer you
A growing and dynamic workspace with engaged and dedicated colleagues from all over the world. At ABAX, no two days are alike, and we offer a varied role with a lot of responsibility. With the right mindset, this role will challenge and allow you to keep developing your skills within this field. We take pride in that ABAX workplaces are pleasant and designed for personal advancement and fulfilment. We do our utmost to facilitate employee satisfaction — at work and in their free time.
We use a well proven technology that has been continuously updated and developed over the last 10 years. In ABAX you will be working with an exciting mix of new technologies in a highly scaled IoT ecosystem. Our technology and solutions spans hardware, firmware and software. ABAX has full ownership of all our technology areas and all development (Hardware, Software and Firmware) is done inhouse. This makes ABAX a unique, exciting and challenging place to work!
Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Development budget
- Flexible working hours
- Occasional remote work available
- Private healthcare and insurance
- Motorized sit-stand desk
- Beautiful new office building
- Programming / scripting skills
- Code reading skills of one or more object orientated programming languages
- Mastery of one or more scripting languages
- Our pipeline contains batch scripts
- Experience with container orchestration using kubernetes
- Experience from establishing CI / CD pipeline
- Strong written and verbal capabilities in Norwegian and English since both languages are used on a daily basis
Nice to have
- Hans-on experience using
- GitLab as the primary CI / CD tool
- Helm to deploy containers in kubernetes
- Manage kubernetes clusters preferably with Rancher
- Static code analyzes with SonarQube
- Vulnerability scanning of container images with Aqua Security
We are looking for a person who recognizes themselves in our three values: enthusiastic, innovative and sustainable. As a person, we believe that you have deep analytical as well as problem-solving skills and always look for ways to work smarter. At ABAX, we highly value teamwork where being a team player is essential for our continued success. The ideal candidate has a mindset that expects to be challenged, always looking for ways to work smarter and is motivated by open continuous feedback on performance. Hunger for personal development is something we greatly appreciate in our employees.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Work extent: Full time
- Location: Larvik, Norway
ABAX is the second-largest telematics company and one of the largest IoT companies in Europe. Telematics is the art of connecting mobile and distributed assets and is one of the fastest-growing IoT segments. We develop our own line of hardware, firmware and software; tied together in an open platform that allows other sensors to connect and collect data through the ABAX Global Network. ABAX provides an innovative end-to-end platform to support digitalization and automation for our customers. Hosted and born in the cloud, we are always available.
For people with the right attitude who want to become a little bit better every day, we create a place where personal development and fun combine to form a fulfilling and profitable workday. We know happy employees equal happy customers, and we do our outmost to facilitate employee satisfaction, both in and out of work. We have more than 300 employees across offices in eight countries. Our Headquarters and Tech Centre are situated in Larvik, on the southeast coast of Norway. Our values: Enthusiastic, Innovative and Sustainable form the foundation of our daily work, every hour of every day.
So what are you waiting for?
Come join our adventure!
- Hammergata 20, 3264 Larvik
DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, Google Cloud
|Sist endret||13. jul. 2021 12:45|