Do you have experience from Silicon/Ferrosilicon production?
- Elkem ASA Silicon Products
- Furnace Process Specialist
Elkem Silicon Products Furnace Team is supporting the furnace operations at our plants securing stable operations and continuous improvement. You will be part of a well-established team with dedicated colleagues. As furnace process specialist you will contribute to the total value creation of the business through long-term efforts to improve existing technological platforms and processes. In addition, you will support the implementation of production technology, processes, and raw materials at the production sites.
The position includes providing support, as well as being a motivator for safe operations, EHS improvements within the area and division management, offering support, including skill-building support, surrounding all aspects of new and relevant technology processes and analysis work related to this.
Most important areas of responsibility:
- Support the plants in working according to Elkem Business System including Critical Process Management and Elkem Furnace Operation Structure
- Support the furnace responsible at plants according to the operations-follow-up matrix
- Develop the basis/foundation for planning and implementation of in-depth analyses, auditing of the process and facilities
- Be a motivator and support the continuous improvement efforts and prioritized improvement projects
- Priorities and establish division standards, as well as follow-up the implementation of these
Qualifications required for the position:
- M.Sc. or PhD in statistics, metallurgy, chemistry or equivalent
- Relevant experience within production or production management
- Significant project or operations experience
- Experience with operations of smelting furnaces is an advantage
- Knowledge about lean production systems is an advantage
- Good written and oral communication skills in both Norwegian and English
We are looking for a person with passion for precision and operations of industrial processes, including technology development and improvement work. You must be engaged and have the ability to motivate and coach others. You have a systematic and analytical approach and can work independently within own area of expertise.
Preferred work location is is Oslo, Trondheim or one of the Elkem plants. The position requires some travelling to our production sites
Elkem is a global provider of advanced material solutions, with more than 6,800 employees and 29 production sites worldwide. We offer silicones, silicon products and carbon solutions through dedicated business divisions. We help our customers create and improve essential innovations like electric mobility, digital communications, health and personal care, and smart and sustainable cities.
Elkem Silicon Products produce and deliver silicon, ferrosilicon, foundry alloys, Elkem Microsilica® and other specialty products, with an extensive product range. We have plants in Canada, China, Iceland, Paraguay and Norway, research centres, three quarts producing operations, units for further processing of the plant`s products and global sales network.
- Drammensveien 169, 0213 Oslo
- Metaller og mineraler,
- Industri og produksjon
- Ingeniør / Materialteknologi,
- Ingeniør / Kjemiingeniør
silicon, ferrosilicon, technology, furnace, improvement
|Sist endret||23. jun. 2021 15:13|