Head Advisor Energy and Climate Policies (Corporate Politics and Ownership)
- Statkraft Politics and Ownership
- Head Advisor Energy and Climate Policies (Corporate Politics and Ownership)
The global power industry is being transformed through the rapid rise of renewable generation.
We are looking for a new senior member of the Corporate Politics and Ownership Team. An important part of the units responsibility is to understand and handle the energy and climate policy agenda in Norway and EU. Energy and climate policies impact Statkrafts renewable portfolio across technologies. Important tasks for the unit are understanding and analyzing policies and regulations, as well as defining and coordinating the companys views on key policy issues.
About your role:
The Head Advisor will work closely with both Business Areas (Production, European Wind and Solar, Markets and International Power) and Heads of Public Affairs in Norway and EU. The Head Advisor will report to the SVP Head of Corporate Politics and Ownership.
As part of this role, you will:
- Together with the Corporate Politics and Ownership Team and Business Areas set the direction for and develop Statkrafts political priorities in Norway and Brussels
- Along with the Business Areas develop, coordinate and strategically advice on Statkrafts political and regulatory positions on Norwegian and EU level
- Analyze and provide insight on how Norwegian and EU policy development affects renewable energy and Statkrafts interests
- Get the opportunity to inform and influence policy processes in Norway and Brussels
- Support the business areas in their political and regulatory interests
- Ensure consistency in Statkrafts political views across technologies and countries
- Work in a highly competent team and engage with experts across the company
We look for an experienced Head Advisor Energy and Climate Politics, with:
- Masters degree in economics or similar
- Relevant experience, preferably from the energy and power sector, including government agencies
- Sound judgement, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of energy and climate policy processes
- Strong communications skills: Creating presentations, writing memos as well as explaining and presenting content in formal and informal settings, fluency in English language
- Strong abilities as team-player and coordinator
- Ability to take initiative and comfortable with high work pressure
- Strategic and structured approach to challenges and tasks
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work with renewable energy and contribute to a low emission society
- Professional and personal development in an exciting global company
- A working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation and a strong commercial culture
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
- Career and learning opportunities at various levels of the organization
- The chance to grow your career alongside a truly global network of experts, leaders, specialists and graduates from different countries and backgrounds
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. We conduct background checks on qualified applicants before hire.
The position will be located at the head office in Lilleaker, Oslo. Some travel will be required.
For further information please contact Julie Wedege, Senior Vice President, Politics and Ownership, at Julie.email@example.com
To apply, please submit your CV and application as soon as possible, and latest within 8 August.
Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europes largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 4500 employees in 17 countries.
- 0283 Oslo
- Kraft og energi
|Sist endret||22. jun. 2021 21:34|