Global Category Manager (KM 21-075)
- Kongsberg Maritime - Integrated Solutions
- Global Category Manager (KM 21-075)
Kongsberg Maritime (KM), a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Integrated Solutions Division in KM is responsible for product and technology development, supply chain operations and project delivery for all Kongsberg's Automation, Bridge Systems and Electro products and solutions. Since the development of the first Dynamic Positioning system in the 1970's, Kongsberg Maritime has always been in the forefront of developing leading Automation and Bridge Systems, and the Integrated Solutions division is responsible for maintaining and further developing that substantial legacy.
We have an exciting opportunity as Global Category Manager. In this role, you will be a part of the Strategic Procurement Team delivering sourcing excellence to the business. You will be responsible for a global category within electronics and electromechanical.
- Establishing strong relationships with internal business stakeholders; building a strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities across assigned suppliers and/or spend categories.
- Developing global sourcing strategies to deliver on our business objectives
- Managing the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend development analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation.
- Work with business and product leaders to identify and drive cost improvement, savings and delivery improvements, focusing on total cost of ownership.
- Providing guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement strategies; maintaining procurement ethics in accordance with KMs global policies.
- Prepare and hold business reviews with stakeholders to review vendor performance, future opportunities, and/or challenges.
Qualifications and experience
- 3-7 years experience in Sourcing, procurement, category management function.
- Higher education, preferably in engineering, supply chain management or equivalent.
- In-depth experience in procurement practices (category management, benchmarking, should-cost models, RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to combine strategic perspective and operational focus
You are able to
- build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve set goals
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
Kongsberg, Bergen, Ålesund, Horten (all locations are acceptable, practicing flexibility in working from home versus office).
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We practice flexible work in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Candidates can be contacted before application deadline
For over 200 years KONGSBERG has made solutions that enable people around the world to deliver extreme performance under extreme conditions.
Today we are a world leader in several areas within maritime operations, defence, aerospace, and oil and gas industry. Our strength is to put together centers of expertise around products, technologies and market needs.
- 3616 Kongsberg
- Maritim og offshore
Procurement, Sourcing, Category, Management
|Sist endret||8. jun. 2021 19:06|