- Telenor Global Services AS
- Senior Network Engineer
Are you ready to make real impact? Software technology is transforming the world of telecommunications. Our networks and systems are undergoing transition to virtualization, cloud and software-based operations. This is a world of IP networks, VoIP, mobile telephony signaling, messaging, monitoring tools and business support tools, with complex connections and interactions.
We are a small, dedicated expert team looking for a highly skilled colleague to design and manage our global private infrastructure and public cloud. Our infrastructure is highly heterogeneous and our work tasks vary a lot, so if you are not on friendly terms with repetitive tasks, please read on.
Technology Department in Telenor Global Services consists of highly skilled individuals in a comparatively small organization, in some ways resembling a startup. We are a multi-national team that develops solutions that enable and secure the competitive edge for Telenor?s wholesale business, and have the operational responsibility for networks, service platforms and support systems. With us, you will contribute directly into the Telenor Global Wholesale production line, which generates substantial revenues 24/7.
As the Senior Network Engineer you will participate in developing internal tools utilizing ?Infrastructure as Code? approach. You will contribute to architectural decisions, including private and public cloud implementations, and secure communication channels between these. Finally, you will contribute to software development and integration of open-source communication protocol implementations, APIs, logging and ELK systems, and billing systems, to name a few.
- High-availability software infrastructure in hybrid cloud, including globally distributed VMware clusters and AWS.
- Maintain and develop Infrastructure architecture
- Administration of Linux based infrastructure
- Defining Infrastructure as Code processes
- Software development, DB interaction, system integration
- You have a higher degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or related field. M.Sc. is an advantage
- Strong infrastructure background, including catalog services and IAM
- Good understanding of the concept of Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Hands-on experience with one or more of IaC platforms (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef) and Linux management.
- You are experienced in working with Docker containers. Familiarity with Kubernetes/Openshift is an advantage
- You have experience in on-premises and cloud software infrastructure operations, preferably VMware and AWS
- Good communication skills in English, written and spoken
- A great working environment in an enthusiastic, world-class technical expert team
- Dynamic position close to commercial processes and value creation
- An opportunity to shape a key strategic growth area in Telenor Global Wholesale
- An opportunity to learn and develop through interaction with other teams
- Application deadline: June 20th
- Location: Fornebu, Oslo
- Contact information: Torgeir Troite, Head of Networks and infrastructure, +47 91399352.
- We run background checks on relevant candidates through Semac AS.
- Some traveling must be expected.
About Telenor Global Services
Telenor Global Services is Telenor Group?s international wholesale business unit. The business unit provides international roaming solutions and Internet connectivity services to external and internal customers. The business unit comprises all operations of Telenor Global Services AS as well as the Global Wholesale Roaming functions for all Telenor companies. For more information about Telenor Global Services please visit https://www.telenorglobalservices.com/
- Fornebu, 1360 Fornebu
- IT - programvare,
- Internettbaserte tjenester,
- IT utvikling / Full stack utvikler,
- IT utvikling / Utvikler (generell),
- IT drift og vedlikehold / Drift/Operations
cloud, network, Telenor, nettverk, infrastructure
|Sist endret||22. jun. 2021 15:03|