Software Engineer MODU
- Odfjell Drilling
- Software Engineer MODU
Software Engineer MODU
Senior Software Engineer MODU
A vacancy has arisen for a Software Engineer at our office in Bergen or Stavanger (Tananger) to join our MODU Projects Team.
Do you thrive in deep waters?
Our group within the Mobile Drilling Unit (MODU) business area of Odfjell Drilling is looking for someone that can develop innovative systems to support and improve our operations. A drilling rig has thousands of real time data points. We want to utilize this asset to strategically bring insight and provide operational guidance such that we can be in the front and give excellent service to our customers. We have started - scratched the surface - but we need help to take full advantage of the possibilities. Do you want to join us on our digital journey?
Who we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate has a passion for exploring new possibilities, and taking these through to execution and implementation. You would need to master several areas, from front-end to back-end development. Should you also have an interest in or experience with utilizing real time data and understand control systems (OT), we would be even more interested in getting to know you. You also need to both be team oriented, and be able to manage your own tasks and projects. We work in a multilingual environment, such that fluency in both Norwegian and English, both oral and written is a must.
What you’ll do
You will be part of a highly talented multidiscipline team that strategically create improvements, tools and insight for our rig operations and management. You will develop solutions that are core to effective operations for some of the most efficient harsh environment floating drilling vessels. You will solve technical challenges and perform research to ensure continued innovation of our services.
What we offer
We can offer interesting and challenging work tasks, and a work environment with good possibilities for development. We value soft skills as much as hard skills, and we cherish a culture of trust and openness where everyone is included and can contribute to making each other better. You may also partly work from home. We have offices in both Bergen and Stavanger. It is up to you to choose which office location that suits you best.
- Higher technical education (MSc, BSc or equivalent). Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Professional experience in software engineering
- Comfortable on taking the lead, and showing initiative
- Understanding software development processes, working with repositories, and change management
- Extensive experience within Python, SQL databases, and web-development
- Experience with BI tools, OPC UA, real time data, cyber security, and control systems (OT) is an advantage
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures with strong analytical and reasoning skills and an ability to visualize processes and outcomes
- A passion for solving challenges in new and creative ways
- As the working language is both Norwegian and English, good oral and written Norwegian and English skills are required.
Required personal skills
- Ambitious and highly motivated
- Proactive, with "can do it" attitude to overcome challenges
- Solution-oriented, structured, accurate and systematic
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Outgoing, positive attitude and service minded
- Good communication and interpersonal relation skills
Follow us on:
Odfjell Drilling Group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our managers and personnel's competence and personality:
COMMITTED - SAFETY CONSCIOUS - CREATIVE - COMPETENT - RESULT ORIENTED
The company emphazises in its recruitment policy to build teams with a diversified group of people, with regards to age, sex and cultural background.
- 5257 Kokstad
- IT - programvare,
- IT drift og vedlikehold / IT-support
|Sist endret||24. jun. 2021 09:54|