Support Engineer for Varnish Software!
- Varnish Software
- Support Engineer
- As soon as possible
Become a Varnish Expert as a part of our global, highly technical skilled support team. Varnish Software is offering opportunities for career paths in a happy, creative, non-hierarchical work environment!
About the role
To help us support our customers keeping content delivery solutions fully operational, we are looking for our next Support Engineer to join our global support team. In this role, you will be a part of the Oslo-office with a total of 10 employees. As the Scandinavia-based support representative, you will work closely with your coworkers in Australia and USA. You will support some of the world’s largest enterprises and assist highly competent customers with excellent service and technical problem-solving. Varnish Software is a fast-growing company in a fast-moving industry. Our employees are eager to learn and experiment. We work hard, and we have a good time doing it!
Varnish Software have offices in Stockholm, Karlstad, Oslo, London, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore & Tokyo. We have customers all over the world and this role might include traveling.
Your everyday tasks will include:
- Using your expertise to deliver excellent technical support
- Working with our other engineering teams to come up with solutions to meet customer needs
- Solving our customers problems by troubleshooting
- Assisting developers with testing
- Updating documentation
What's in it for you?
- Belong to a rewarding work environment in which you are a valued member of our organization
- Gain valuable experience in a global market
- Be encouraged to influence and challenge product development and working processes
- Get access to unique career opportunities and technical growth
- Go on international trips for all Varnish employees twice a year (For a sneak peak, click here)
- Work from welcoming offices in a beautiful environment right on Akerselva in Oslo
Did you know we are also a team of avid beer brewers? Read about our brew identity here !
We want to hear from you with:
- Previous experience as a developer, sysadmin or 2nd and/or 3rd line support
- Proved experience and knowledge within Linux
- Excellent communication skills and English fluency both written and oral
- Varnish experience will be an advantage
Great technical talent and curiosity can replace certain requirements. When in doubt, contact us!
As a human being you are:
- Start: Flexible for the right candidate
- Work extend: 100%, 09:00-17:00 (08-16 depending on team member’s timezone)
- Language: The company language is English (Norwegian is not a requirement)
- Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from Varnish that all questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work.
Who is Varnish Software?
Varnish Software’s powerful caching technology helps the world’s biggest content providers deliver lightning-fast web and streaming experiences for huge audiences, without downtime or loss of performance. Our solutions combine open-source flexibility with enterprise robustness to speed up media streaming services, accelerate websites and APIs, and enable global businesses to build custom CDNs, unlocking unbeatable content delivery performance and resilience. Our customers are able to scale easily to match peaks in demand, protect their critical infrastructure and keep costs predictable, enabling them to deliver great web experiences for all of their users, at all times.
- Gjerdrumsvei 14, 0484 Oslo
- IT utvikling / Utvikler (generell),
- IT drift og vedlikehold / IT-support
IT, Support, English, Linux, Varnish
|Sist endret||21. mai 2021 14:54|