Broadcast Support Engineer
- Appear AS
- Broadcast Support Engineer
We are looking for highly skilled and service minded Global Support Engineers to assist our growing list of customers with new and exciting projects.
Based in the Oslo, Norway, your responsibility will be to ensure Appear's Hardware and Software (Linux) based video products work flawlessly within our global customer base. You will be working in our experienced support team and in close cooperation with our Development and Sales teams.
- Supporting our current and future deployed HW and SW based contribution and distribution video delivery solutions deployed world wide
- Being a technology evangelist that can advise customer concerning deployment, testing and end user feedback
- 2nd and 3rd line support and deep debug investigations
- Remote configuration, maintenance and diagnostics
- On-site system installation, configuration and testing
- Technical training on Appear products
- Participate in Trade Shows and Exhibitions
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Relevant higher education: MSc., Cand. Scient (or equivalent). BSc will also be considered with relevant experience
- In depth understanding in two or more of the following areas:
- Digital Video distribution network
- Video compression
- TCP/IP technologies, networks and protocols (CCNA preferred)
- Linux operating systems (specifically embedded systems)
- Cloud and cluster-based system architectures
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to understand technical complex video delivery systems
- Shows initiative, independent and courteous in all communication - Customer service and interaction
- minimum 2 years experience is an advantage
You will have a positive attitude; want to work with an experienced team, developing tomorrow’s TV technology and products. Fluency in English is a minimum requirement and in addition one Scandinavian language is preferred. Any additional language skills are advantageous. Traveling should be expected.
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. We have equipment installations in over 100 countries, and team members representing some 25 different nationalities. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer;
- Flexible working hours
- Five weeks vacation
- An international work environment
- Buddy system
- In-house gym and cafeteria with a multitude of temptations
- Yearly trip to Trysil
- Stock-based bonus scheme
- Opportunity to attend global tech exhibitions
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Appear is dedicated to designing and producing world class solutions for the delivery of professional video services. Our portfolio ensures reliable video services to millions of households at the highest quality. A conscious choice of combining hardware with software ensures optimal performance, regardless of market. Our hardware is modular, hot-swappable, space- and power-efficient, and features Appear patented redundancy. Our software operates on COTS servers, ensuring an open future-proof architecture that can be deployed on dedicated servers or in an open cloud environment.
Customers are broadcasters, operators or corporations who expect a high level of quality and technical expertise from their technology enablers.
Appear has won several national and international prizes for revenue growth, internationalization and technology. All employees are dedicated to quality and service in a particularly international environment.
- Lilleakerveien 2b, 0283 Oslo
- IT utvikling / Utvikler (generell)
ingeniør, support, it, hardware, software
|Sist endret||21. jun. 2021 15:20|