Are you enthusiastic and motivated consultant with strong analytical skills?
- Structural Integrity Engineer
Materials and structural integrity are critical aspects of any structure. With the ongoing energy transition we are working with wind turbines, pipelines, and other offshore technologies to ensure safe and cost effective operation. Our team of structural integrity experts are widely recognized in DNV and in the industry. We advise our customers in Norway and internationally. We collaborate closely with asset owners. We carry out custom tests in our laboratories to back critical decisions with data. Right now, we are seeing a growing demand for our services. In particular towards developing low carbon solutions and lifetime extension of existing infrastructure.
We are looking for a candidate that has recently graduated (or with a few years of experience) and combines a passion for structural integrity, strong academic credentials, professional ambition, good consulting and communications skills.
The service portfolio offered by the team covers key aspects of technical consultancy and advisory such as:
- Qualification of new ways of making equipment including additive manufacturing and digital warehousing.
- Qualification of new materials including metals, but also polymer and composite materials.
- Lifetime extension of critical infrastructure.
- Failure Analysis and root cause investigations.
- Determination correct designs in the area of fatigue and fracture.
- Material selection for environments such as seawater, CO2, hydrogen and Oil & Gas production.
We are seeking to hire enthusiastic and motivated consultants with strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Working with DNV gives a unique opportunity to become part of a large & highly competent professional network (nationally and internationally) within a wide range of technical disciplines. You will be working alongside, and be able to learn from, leading experts in several areas. You will be able to shape the future of the team and help grow a sound business. You will be capitalizing on own networks and the wide competence base of DNV. You will be embracing the opportunities offered by digitalization.
The work will comprise of the following main activities:
- Customer interaction and consultancy related to technology qualification and integrity assessments.
- Project management.
- Fatigue assessment.
- Engineering Criticality Assessments.
- Numerical analysis.
- Laboratory testing.
To qualify, we need you to have:
- At least Master's degree in mechanical engineering, structural engineering, materials technology or another similar discipline.
- Recent graduate or a few years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English language, both written and spoken.
Below elements, although not required, will be considered a plus:
- Knowledge of Python and the ABAQUS software.
- Some knowledge and experience within one or more of the following topics:
- Consulting related to Energy Systems.
- Structural performance of materials (fatigue and fracture).
- Numerical analysis.
- Fluency in Norwegian language.
Personal qualities we value:
- A consulting mindset and the ability to see how best to add value for customers.
- Self-starter, open-minded, able to work independently, but also being a strong team player with a passion to generate customer value.
- Ability to seek and leverage the expertise of others.
- Technically strong in own discipline and highly motivated individual with good interpersonal, communication, and networking skills.
- Pro-active and self-motivated individual with solution-oriented attitude.
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norway’s most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad.
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development.
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support.
- Attractive total compensation package.
- 6 weeks annual vacation.
- International working environment.
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance.
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international.
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and is headquartered in Norway.
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV.
- Close access to the sea and surrounding park with possibility for different outdoor activities.
- Free shuttle bus from Sandvika and Skøyen.
* Please send us your resume in English.
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
- Veritasveien 1, 1363 Høvik
- Konsulent og rådgivning,
- Kraft og energi,
- Olje og gass
|Sist endret||18. jun. 2021 15:12|