Do you want to join a global, growth-oriented company?
- Flow Engineer
Do you want to join a global, growth-oriented company working closely with customers to tackle the biggest global transformation in a generation: the energy transition? We are seeking a Flow Engineer to join our Pipeline Operations & Flow team at Høvik outside Oslo.
Our team of 40 subsea pipeline and flow engineers create and deliver world class services that range from early concept, through engineering and operations, to decommissioning and abandonment. We are a competence center focusing on the full life cycle of offshore pipelines, and take on the role as expert, advisor and standard setter for our clients. Our flow group consists of 6 engineers supporting not only the offshore pipeline industry but also the broader energy and maritime industries.
We deliver certification, verification and technical advisory services related to design, technology qualification, integrity management and fitness for service assessments, life extension studies and operation support. Our main market is the North Sea, but we get involved in projects all over the world.
We also invest heavily in R&D in close co-operation with the industry, using our accumulated knowledge to develop tomorrow's standards and software products. We are currently working with several exciting concepts within digital services and our aim is to maintain our role as a leading solutions provider for our customers also in the digital future.
The position offers great opportunities to apply and develop personal and technical skills within flow technology. Relevant tasks are:
- Contribute with flow competence to multi-disciplinary projects within areas such as oil & gas, hydrogen value chain, carbon capture and storage, maritime, and offshore wind.
- Particle erosion and sand management studies.
- Flow assurance, process simulations, flow induced loads and response analyses.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulations.
- Mathematical modelling of flow and heat transfer.
- Support to lab erosion testing.
- Operation support to oil & gas operators covering production support, fitness for service assessments, root cause analysis, special operations, and life extension.
To qualify for this position:
- We need you to have at least a Master's degree in physics, applied mechanics, fluid mechanics engineering or another similar field.
- You are a recent graduate or with proven work experience within flow technology.
- You have fluent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in Norwegian will be an advantage.
Below elements, although not required, will be considered a plus:
- Experience with ANSYS CFD, OLGA, HYSYS, UNISIM or similar.
- Experience with programming (e.g. Python, C#) for mathematical modelling.
Personal qualities we value:
- Positive and self-motivated
- Proactive customer focus and interested in customer needs, including ability to present and sell our services to the client as a technical consultant
- Communicates in a clear, precise, and structured way
- Team player that co-operates well with others
- Methodical and systematic, and achieves high quality results
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norway’s most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad.
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development.
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support.
- International working environment.
- Attractive total compensation package.
- Competitive terms and conditions.
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and is headquartered in Norway.
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance.
- 6 weeks annual vacation.
- Social events, sports, and team building activities.
- Meet other young professionals through established networks and informal events by CONNECT.
- Well-equipped exercise center.
- Close access to the sea and surrounding park with possibility for different outdoor activities.
- Free shuttle bus from Sandvika and Skøyen.
If you find this is the place for you, apply!
* Please send us your resume in English.
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
- Veritasveien 1, 1363 Høvik
- Konsulent og rådgivning,
- Kraft og energi,
- Olje og gass
|Sist endret||18. jun. 2021 15:04|