Researchers in environmental and circular economy
- Norsk institutt for vannforskning
- Researchers in environmental and circular economics
Overall responsibilities for both positions
- Strengthen and further develop NIVA’s economic expertise as applied to societal challenges and opportunities about economic aspects of marine, freshwater and urban water challenges and problems, the economic potential in aquatic natural resource use, e.g. blue growth related developments, and in the advancement of circular economy as relevant for NIVA’s areas of operation
- Work in an interdisciplinary manner with NIVA’s other researchers
- Initiate new projects in dialogue with clients, users and research colleagues, internally and externally
- Supportively contribute to other NIVA projects
- Increase industry involvement/ grow network
- Strong abilities in academic and non-academic communication, both written and oral
Especially for the environmental economy position
- To assume responsibility for a work package in the Horizon 2020 project ECOSCOPE, requiring especially good skills in bioeconomy
Especially for the circular economy position
- To contribute to the further development of our circular economy capacity within the relevant field of operations that NIVA currently engage in such as plastic waste managements, aquaculture, agriculture, nature-based solutions, urban sustainability, wastewater-nutrient cycles, and rainwater-reuse.
Formal qualifications/experiencePhD degree is a requirement for both positions. For the circular economy position we are interested in both recently graduated candidates as well as the candidates with long experience. For the environmental economics position we are looking for candidates with minimum 5 years relevant experience and a solid academic publication record. In addition, documented experience from interdisciplinary project work and experience from acquisition will be highly valued. Experience from outside the academic is also valued.
Strong ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, is required. Some understanding of Norwegian will be an advantage.
We are looking for candidates that are innovative and show good initiative in terms of acquisition and involvement in new project ideas. The right candidates find motivation from working in an interdisciplinary scientific research environment covering a broad spectrum of topics. In addition, cooperativeness, flexibility and ability to work in a team as well as independently are important skills.
- Challenging work tasks in a nationally leading research institution
- Well-established national and international scientific networks
- Great opportunities for scientific and personal development in an organization that values responsibility and initiative
- A good working environment
- Good pension and insurance plans
The right candidates will primarily be based in Oslo, but one of the regional offices in Bergen, Grimstad, Hamar and Tromsø may also be possible.
The Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA) is Norway's leading research institute for the aquatic environment, working across a wide range of environmental, climate and resource issues. Our high quality research is characterised by its relevance, and its holistic and interdisciplinary approach, combining research with monitoring, assessment, problem solving and consulting. The NIVA group has approximately 400 employees and is headquartered in Oslo, with branches in Bergen, Grimstad, Hamar and Copenhagen, together with a marine research station in Drøbak, and subsidiaries in Tromsø, Chile and China
- Antall stillinger
- Gaustadalléen 21, 0349 Oslo
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap
environmental, economy,, circular, economy
|Sist endret||10. mai 2021 12:05|