Unique opportunity to join an industrial venture and play a pivotal part for a sustainable future
- Hydro Energi AS
- General Counsel, Hydro REIN
As part of our new strategic direction?to diversify and explore?new growth opportunities, Hydro has established the company Hydro REIN. This is one of the key positions we are now recruiting for in the new company.
Hydro REIN offers renewable energy solutions for cleaner and more sustainable industries. Our goal is to help our industrial clients take part in the energy transition. We facilitate access to affordable renewable power, which we will source from our own portfolio of hydro, solar and wind projects in Brazil and the Nordics. We also provide industrial scale energy solutions to improve energy efficiency, reduce emissions and cut costs inside the fence.
As General Counsel in Hydro REIN, you will join an industrial venture and play a pivotal part for a sustainable future!
Area of Responsibility
As General Counsel and Board Secretary of Hydro REIN, main responsibilities include:
- Management of all legal and compliance activities within the company
- Advice to REIN’s management and Board of Directors on legal, governance, regulatory and compliance matters
- Coordination of legal resources (both internal and external) providing advice to REIN’s projects and businesses, including support on contracts, investment & financing transactions and any potential dispute resolution
- Development and maintenance of a legal and compliance risk management strategy for the company, including a robust compliance program and maintenance of legal license to operate
- Participate in the development of REIN’s business and financing strategy, including enablers and requirements from a legal, governance and regulatory perspective
- Master’s level legal degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of relevant international experience, from recognized Norwegian or international law firm and/or relevant corporates
- Understanding of the energy industry dynamics irrespective of the angle (e.g. project development, project finance, transmission networks, power purchase and sourcing, renewable power technology, power markets, etc.)
- Understanding of capital markets rules and regulations (preferably in Norway) is a plus
- Uncompromising integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit and "can do" attitude
- Value-driven, with high focus on collaboration
What we offer
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an industrial start-up with global ambitions in the fast-growing renewables business. You will join a hard-working and fun-loving team, triggered by doing their best in an international and dynamic work environment. You’ll have room to shape your own role and really make your mark on our way forward.
Founded on Hydro’s more than 100 years of energy experience, our business model is based on agility and the ability to provide the right solutions and services at the right cost.
We are Hydro REIN. We make renewable energy work for you.
This role reports to the Head of Hydro REIN.
Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.). Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via email.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Apply before: 04/25/2021
If you have any questions, please contact:
Olivier Girardot, Head of Hydro REIN
Phone: (Norway +47) 47718201
Phone:(Norway +47) 98006451
Hydro is a global renewable energy and aluminium company based in Norway, rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy, technology and innovation. Towards 2025, our ambition is to become a leading sustainable industrial company, creating value for all stakeholders. Growing beyond aluminium and hydropower, we are exploring opportunities in renewable energy and batteries.
This is why we are now seeking leaders and specialists with an entrepreneurial spirit and relevant industry experience who want to be part of the adventure. Would you like to join us?
- 0283 Oslo
- Kraft og energi
- Jurist / Advokat
|Sist endret||25. apr. 2021 22:37|