Environmental and Social Advisor
- Environmental and Social Advisor
Based on your excellent knowledge in the sustainability field, you will be part of project teams assessing and analysing investment opportunities, carrying out due diligence, formulating sustainability requirements and expectations and monitor and follow-up environmental and social performance of our investee companies. You will participate in a wide range of investment processes across numerous renewables technologies covering Norfund’s regions, but with a primary focus on South and South East Asia.
The successful candidate is a senior sustainability professional within the renewable space, and we believe your background is from the field of impact assessment/ sustainability consulting, E&S management within an industrial energy/infrastructure company or power production site and/or from development finance, Private Equity fund or a financial institution subscribing to the Equator Principles.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Work in teams and support project managers on investments in renewables
- Assess environmental, social and human rights risks and impacts of direct and indirect investments against applicable local and international standards in the due diligence and investment phases
- Support clients in developing their E&S management systems, and contribute through knowledge transfer and training
- Monitor clients’ performance against relevant E&S requirements as defined in the investment agreement and identify opportunities where E&S interventions protect rights, reduce risks and add value
- Monitor the environmental and social impact of our investments, and leveraging Norfund’s grant facility to support community development in conjunction with our investees’ operations
- Cooperate closely with co-investors and other European Development Finance Institutions (EDFI) in the field of E&S risks and impact management
- Represent Norfund in external meetings, industry events and fora on environmental and social risk management
Specific qualifications for this position:
- Relevant education, preferably on Master’s degree level within sustainability, engineering or economics.
- Good understanding of international standards, particularly the IFC Performance Standards and EHS Guidelines, ILO standards, Human Rights instruments and knowledge of local legislation.
- More than 10 years of professional experience in environmental and social assessments, e.g. ESIA development, EHS audits, construction monitoring, day-to-day work with implementation of site-specific E&S management plans or investor led due diligence and monitoring work.
- Subject-matter expertise on environment, hydrology, biodiversity, land-related issues, labour rights or management of community relations, is a strong advantage. Experience with wind and solar projects likewise. Exposure to certification schemes such as ISO 14001, OHSAS, SA8000 beneficial.
- Results oriented and with a structured, proactive and efficient work style
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English
- Flexible and willing to travel extensively
- Strong interpersonal skills and motivation to achieve results through collaborative and constructive engagement with portfolio companies
We can offer:
- Contribution to economic growth and reduction of poverty in developing countries through commercial investments and the creation of sustainable enterprises
- Highly competent and international working environment
- A unique opportunity to play a key role in small and focused project teams in a flat management structure
The position is based in Oslo.
We know that diversity contributes to better results and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Questions about the position may be directed to Åsta Braathen, phone.: (+47) 989 01 025, email@example.com.
Please submit your application and CV by 18th of April.
Norfund - The Norwegian Investment Fund for Developing Countries aims to create jobs and better living conditions by investing in companies that contribute to sustainable development. The fund is owned by The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and will help to establish and grow sustainable and profitable businesses in developing countries, which would otherwise not be initiated due to high risk. About half of the investment portfolio is in Clean energy. Green infrastructure, Financial institutions and Scalable enterprises in the agricultural and manufacturing industries are other prioritized investment areas. Norfund has offices in Oslo, Nairobi, Cape Town, Accra, San José and Bangkok. Norfund's committed investment portfolio amounts to USD 3,5 billion in 150 companies. The number of employees is about 100.
- Fridtjof Nansens Plass 4, 0160 Oslo
- Bank, finans og forsikring,
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap
- Økonomi og regnskap,
|Sist endret||26. mar. 2021 10:00|