Project Control Manager at FREYR AS
- Project Control Manager
Project Control Manager at FREYR AS
FREYR plans to develop up to 43 GWh of battery cell production capacity by 2025 to position the company as one of Europe’s largest battery cell suppliers. The facilities will be located in the Mo i Rana industrial complex in Northern Norway, leveraging Norway’s highly skilled workforce and abundant, low-cost renewable energy sources from hydro and wind in a crisp, clear and energized environment. Corporate headquarters are located in the Oslo area.
FREYR will supply safe, high energy density and cost competitive clean battery cells to the rapidly growing global markets for electric vehicles, energy storage, and marine applications.
For more information, please visit www.freyrbattery.com.
Project Control Manager
We will build at least 4 battery cell factories of increasing size in Mo I Rana as a significant contribution to the transition to a green economy. We have been working on this portfolio for years, and the pre-construction of the first factory will start this summer.
We are looking for a highly qualified and experienced candidate who can assume full responsibility of the Project Control functions for the execution of FREYRs first battery cell factory in Norway.
You will be able to apply everything you know in this role, be challenged, and learn a lot. For the right Project Control Manager this role can be a professional dream come true.
The Project Control Manager will ensure that all project control functions are performed during the execution of the project. This entails improving, implementing, and executing best practices for Project Controls.
The role shall provide the Project Director with timely and accurate data and information that allow them to make rational informed decisions in relation to the execution of the project scope, cost, and schedule. The role must be able to identify and manage schedule risk, analyze variances, causes, and propose solutions and mitigations to finally arrive at updated forecast for project delivery.
As part of FREYR’s exiting journey from a start-up company to a full-size industry player the role must be prepared to assume responsibility and put in extra effort to reach business goals. This is a high paced and dynamic environment, requiring a motivated and flexible attitude. You will be expected to work without set frames and guidelines, and we hope to see that attitude expressed in your application.
Project Control Manager is reporting to Eirik Rye, Head of Project Control.
Main tasks include:
- Develop, manage, and maintain overall integrated execution plans for FREYR’s factory
- Ensure schedule quality and accuracy for allocated scope
- Develop the necessary tools for progress measurement and reporting, monitor progress and produce necessary reports to enable efficient decision making
- Cost control, monitoring, and forecasting
- Implement effective project risk management
- Implement effective change management process
In general, you have a long experience in the field and have been driving large, innovative, and challenging industrial projects with high demands. You should be able to form a deep understanding of the project characteristics and scope to tailor the project control approach to suit the project’s needs.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from large and complex project execution in relevant role (Project Manager / Control / Engineer)
- Expertise using professional Project Control tools
- Masters or bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English, both verbal and writing
- Work experience from Northern Europe
- Fluent in Norwegian
- Preferably minimum 5 years’ experience as Project Control Manager
- Experience working in an international company
- Experience working in a process industry company
- Experience with different project execution and contract strategies
- Certification / education within Project Management topics
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Takes personal responsibility
- Commercial mindset
- Thrives in start-up environment
- Creates structure
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate an important role in building Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required.
Freyr has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.
Please apply by "søk her" and upload CV and a letter of motivation.
Respond by: ASAP and before April 24th 2021
Start date: After agreement
Location: Oslo (with travel to Mo)
Please note: Selected candidates will be invited for an interview continuously, also before the official deadline.
For further questions about the position, please contact Freyr`s
Eirik Rye, Phone: +47 481 16 085 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions about the process, please contact Jefferson Wells;
Esme den Ouden, Phone: +47 483 39 577 / e-mail: email@example.com
- 1366 Lysaker
- Kraft og energi
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Steinar Instefjord
- Jefferson Wells
- 948 57 202
|Sist endret||7. apr. 2021 16:14|