Sustainability, Supply Chain Auditor at FREYR AS
- FREYR AS
- Sustainability, Supply Chain Auditor
FREYR plans to develop up to 43 GWh of battery cell production capacity by 2025 to position the company as one of Europe’s largest battery cell suppliers. The facilities will be located in the Mo i Rana industrial complex in Northern Norway, leveraging Norway’s highly skilled workforce and abundant, low-cost renewable energy sources from hydro and wind in a crisp, clear and energized environment. Corporate headquarters are located in the Oslo area.
FREYR will supply safe, high energy density and cost competitive clean battery cells to the rapidly growing global markets for electric vehicles, energy storage, and marine applications.
For more information, please visit www.freyrbattery.com.
Sustainability, Supply Chain Auditor
We are looking for candidates to be responsible for securing that FREYR Battery delivers on our business-critical goal of producing green batteries as opposed to todays’ market offerings of coal-based batteries, and hence enabling the needed energy transition in global transportation and energy systems.
FREYR Battery is going to build 5 factories in Mo i Rana in Norway over the next 4 years and will be listed on the New York Stock Exchange in May this year. Our business proposition is that the world needs an energy transition to avoid climate change, that batteries are key enablers to make this transition happen over the next decades and those batteries need to change from todays’ coal-based offerings into low-carbon, sustainably produced batteries.
The person who takes on this role will be responsible for engaging with the business in our global supply chain through the procurement phases to run due diligence on sustainability and good governance. This person will also be working with the business development and technology teams to do due diligence also on all partner and JV negotiations and contracts.
We are looking for an experienced sustainability auditor who can secure implementation, documentation and reporting of our sustainability requirements to suppliers and partners critical to FREYR Battery’s business.
The candidate must be skilled in the technical aspects of sustainability as well as in how to implement sustainability requirements effectively into a company’s management system and how to work with third parties, suppliers, partners and others to audit and influence this compliance in their’ systems. In doing so the candidate must collaborate well across Freyr Battery’s value chain as well as with these external partners internationally.
As a start-up being listed on the New York Stock Exchange the company will be in the process of developing and implementing sustainability goals, standards, policies, procedures, and processes according to the business strategy over the coming years. This role will support this effort and simultaneously be applying the requirements to our external partners and suppliers in due diligence processes. Establishing the processes, documentation and reporting of the audits will be important. As Freyr Battery is building the business starting with operations from our pilot plan in 1H 2022, the first sustainability report, which will be produced by the sustainability team, is planned for Q1 2023.
Sustainability, Supply Chain Auditor is reporting to VP Sustainability
Main tasks include:
- Develop, implement and lead our Due Diligence of sustainability and governance compliance with third parties across the value chain (suppliers, partners, customers)
- Support the development of our management system broadly within sustainability issues with functional and technical policies, processes, procedures, KPIs, controls and data collection mechanisms.
- Develop and implement a sustainability and governance reporting strategy and system in regards partners and supply chain including documentation needed in relevant ESG rankings
Important internal relationships in the role (in addition to direct leader):
- Chief Legal Officer (compliance officer)
- Internal Auditor and External Auditor
- EVP Supply Chain Management
- VP Procurement and Contracts
- Environment Advisor and Social Responsibility Advisor
- ESG-reporting Advisor
- EVP Business Development
- 10 years’ experience working with sustainability issues
- Experience in building sustainability into the management system of a company
- Minimum education at Bachelor level
- English skills written and oral necessary
- Experience in internal audit beneficial
- Norwegian language beneficial but not necessary
- Technical training from chemicals beneficial but not necessary
- Creates structure
- Detail orientated
- Takes personal responsibility
- Thrives in start-up environment
- Proven problem-solving abilities
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required.
Freyr has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.
Please apply by "søk her" and upload CV and a letter of motivation.
Respond by: ASAP and before April 24th 2021
Start date: After agreement
Please note: Selected candidates will be invited for an interview continuously, also before the official deadline.
For further questions about the position, please contact Freyr`s
Hege Norheim, Phone: +47 957 06 427 / e-mail: email@example.com
For further questions about the process, please contact Jefferson Wells;
Steinar Instefjord, Phone: +47 948 57 202 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1366 Lysaker
- Kraft og energi
- Revisjon og kontroll
Spørsmål om stillingen
|Sist endret||25. apr. 2021 00:08|