Vice President, Communication and Public Affairs at Freyr AS
- FREYR AS
- Vice President, Communication and Public Affairs
Vice President, Communication and Public Affairs at FREYR AS
FREYR plans to develop up to 43 GWh of battery cell production capacity by 2025 to position the company as one of Europe’s largest battery cell suppliers. The facilities will be located in the Mo i Rana industrial complex in Northern Norway, leveraging Norway’s highly skilled workforce and abundant, low-cost renewable energy sources from hydro and wind in a crisp, clear and energized environment. Corporate headquarters are located in the Oslo area.
FREYR will supply safe, high energy density and cost competitive clean battery cells to the rapidly growing global markets for electric vehicles, energy storage, and marine applications.
For more information, please visit www.freyrbattery.com.
Vice President, Communication and Public Affairs
We are looking for candidates who want to shape the brand and narrative for one of the world’s first producers of green batteries enabling low-carbon energy transition in global transportation and energy systems.
FREYR Battery is going to build 5 factories in Mo i Rana in Norway over the next 4 years and will be listed on the New York Stock Exchange in May this year. The person who takes on this role will build a full communications team for local, national and global media and public affairs as well as shaping a business-critical employee brand.
We are looking for an experienced communication leader to create a brand for Freyr Battery building on our business and communication strategy. The candidate will build and lead the team, systems and processes to service media in Mo, Norway and internationally in close collaboration with IR and a VP Marketing. The team will need to develop digital communication channels and strategies further as well as in particular the business-critical employee branding activities in order to attract operators and engineers to join us from the Nordic region, Europe and Asia. We want to participate nationally and internationally in the debate on the role of green batteries in climate change and expect the candidate to support a thought leadership strategy in public affairs.
Vice President, Communication and Public Affairs is reporting to EVP HR, Sustainability and Communication
Main tasks include:
- Develop, implement and lead;
- The communications and public affairs team
- Company, product and employee brand strategy
- Communication strategy including media, digital channels and SoMe
- Daily media and crisis communication
- Leadership and internal communication
- National and international public affairs strategy
- 10 years’ experience working in corporate communication of which minimum 4 years as a team leader
- Experience in developing and implementing communication strategies
- Media spokesperson experience
- Strong writing abilities
- Minimum education at Bachelor level
- Norwegian and strong English skills written and oral necessary
- Exposure to sustainability issues and -communication beneficial
- Experience from international media beneficial
- Experience from public affairs/politics beneficial
- Strategic and creates structure
- Strong personal communicator
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Takes personal responsibility
- Thrives in start-up environment
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the right candidate an important role in developing Norway's first battery cell production facilities. Energy storage is an important key to the world's switch to a sustainable, green economy. Freyr is a frontrunner in Europe's rush to build capacity in battery production. A shift from fossil fuel to electricity-from-renewables could deliver 75 - 90% of the CO2 emission reductions required.
Freyr has to move fast. The world needs both battery cells now, and ever better battery cells in the future. With us you will learn a lot and a lot will be expected of you. We aim to pick high performers that will slot in immediately.
Please apply by "søk her" and upload CV and a letter of motivation.
Respond by: ASAP and before April 24th 2021
Start date: After agreement
Please note: Selected candidates will be invited for an interview continuously, also before the official deadline.
For further questions about the position, please contact Freyr`s
Hege Norheim, Phone: +47 957 06 427 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions about the process, please contact Jefferson Wells;
Steinar Instefjord, Phone: +47 948 57 202 / e-mail: email@example.com
- 1366 Lysaker
- Kraft og energi
Spørsmål om stillingen
|Sist endret||25. apr. 2021 00:08|