Do you have a desire to make a difference and achieve real sustainability progress?
- Aker BioMarine
- Sustainability Manager
Aker BioMarine is a leading biotechnology company developing krill-derived products for consumer health and wellness and animal nutrition. The company has a strong position in its industry.
In Aker BioMarine we believe in a world where everyone has access to quality nutrition and good health without compromising the planet.
We are looking for more people like us, who believe they can make a difference in the world.
We are about 550 employees globally, with more than 30 nationalities, spread across all time zones and most continents. Together, we form an international, high performing, diverse and fun work environment.
Working with us means you appreciate diversity, are highly skilled within your field and can cope with unexpected situations. You enjoy a fast pace, tolerate quick decisions and continuously ongoing changes. You are a true team player who “chips in” when the situation requires so.
Do you want to take the lead on implementing our ESG framework?
Aker BioMarine’s company purpose is to improve Human and Planetary Health, and we have ambitious sustainability and decarbonization goals. Our sustainability department is responsible for Aker BioMarine’s overall work on sustainability, ranging from the harvesting operations in Antarctica to improvements in the value chain. To meet our growing demands and ambitions we are looking for a Sustainability expert for a new position, who will play an essential role to drive sustainability improvements in our value chain and be a key resource in implementing our ESG framework. The right person has a strong business sense when it comes to sustainability, and good understanding to identify needs and opportunities for improvements in the value chain. We are looking for a person who takes initiative and have a desire to achieve real sustainability progress. Maybe you are like us, who believe sustainable business can be part of the solution?
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Implement strategic sustainability initiatives that contribute to Aker BioMarine’s purpose
- Take the lead in integration of sustainability and ESG into the core of our business and ensuring improvements in close cooperation with our value chain experts to deliver on our ESG targets
- Build sustainability success through external partnerships as well as being a key advisor to Aker BioMarine’s business units
- Represent Aker BioMarine’s value chain improvements, new technology and decarbonization funding schemes
- Convincing communicator, public speaker and skilled networker who build good relationships with internal and external stakeholders and get buy-in of own ideas
- Strategic and flexible mindset
- Strong ability to own and drive processes with high execution power
- Knowledge and understanding of emerging sustainability trends, technology and requirements
- 5-10 years of experience within relevant field such as sustainability, business, natural sciences or green growth
- Technical understanding to monitor and contribute to value chain improvements
- Master’s degree within sustainability/innovation/business/finance/technological or similar
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent English and Norwegian capabilities, verbal and written
The Sustainability Expert will work at our head offices at Fornebu, Norway, or from home office if the current situation requires so. International travel will be required to some extent.
For more information about the position or process, please contact Hanne Bache (+47 92 28 43 75).
About Aker BioMarine
Aker BioMarine develops krill-based bioactive ingredients for use in the nutraceutical, aquaculture and animal feed market. Its fully traceable value chain stretches from sustainable krill harvesting operations in Antarctica through the logistics hub in Montevideo to its state-of-the-art factory in Houston and all the way to its customers around the world.
Superba? Krill is a pure form of omega-3s that are more easily absorbed by the human body, providing health benefits, including boosting heart, brain, and joint health.
QRILL? Aqua is a functional feed ingredient for shrimp, marine fish, and salmonids, increasing productivity in aquaculture - through improved growth, health and quality.
QRILL? Pet is a functional ingredient for pet nutrition with documented health benefits for companion animals. Proven in numerous studies to benefit pet health, the omega-3s help maintain the health of the heart, kidneys, liver, joints, brain, eyes, skin and coat.
What you can expect from working in Aker BioMarine:
You can expect hard work and a lot of fun and challenges. In return we promise you will be part of an exciting journey. If you show initiative and desire for more responsibility, we will give it to you and support you along the way. We strongly believe that our team of people want to do their best. All in the spirit of being the leading company in our industry and always striving to raise the bar.
Sustainability, Bærekraft, Verdikjede, Prosjektledelse, ESG
|Sist endret||12. apr. 2021 00:21|