Senior Backend Engineer, groundbreaking development for sustainable fish farming
- BioSort AS
- Senior Backend Engineer
We are developing our product, iFarm, a system that utilizes computer vision, deep learning, and biometrics to create individualized health records for farmed fish. The result is increased fish welfare and sustainability, while lowering production cost for fish farmers.
Our prototypes are tested in real-world environments with over 150 000 fish per cage, and multiple cages per season. Our goal is to create a solution that seamlessly handles all stages from machine vision to sorting fish, generating health records, and timely reporting of events for easy decision making. For that we utilize a modern technology stack (Docker, Kubernetes, Keycloak, Kafka, Yocto, Prometheus, etc.) to power our hardware and cloud infrastructure. We are focused on developing high quality software and apply code reviews, unit testing, automatic integration in CI pipelines, and using staging environments. We follow scrum in product development with bi-weekly sprints.
At BioSort we seek the greatest minds from various fields of expertise to bring in new ideas and initiatives. Every employee is part of the core to realize the vision. Does this sound interesting to you, then join this amazing journey as Senior Backend Engineer!
- Architect, design, and deploy infrastructure software for applications in the fields of computer vision, machine learning, and robotics
- Design and implement data bases to collect large amounts of metadata
- Design and implement APIs to retrieve data from large scale data stores
- Design and implement producers and consumers for message queues
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of advanced technical education and work experience
- 5+ years of industry software development experience and in-depth knowledge of high-level programming languages such as Java, Kotlin, Go, Rust
- Proficiency in design patterns, data structures, and test-driven development
- Open-minded, focused, and independent
- Team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with message brokers e.g. Kafka
- Experience deploying production services on Kubernetes on cloud
- Experience gathering metrics and logs and visualizing them and raising alarms
- Industry software development experience with one or more other high-level programming languages such as C, C++, Python, node.js
Some of the things you may appreciate:
- An environment where your opinion matters, and you can make great impact
- "Startup atmosphere" with "large company stability"
- Funding secured for the next 4 years
- Nice open office, by the water, with likely the longest idea cork ever
- Electronics lab and a 20.000 liter pool for tests in water
- Equipment of your own choice
- Coffee from Solberg & Hansen in the office
- Several very good Cantinas, Gym, Coffee shop, and KIWI in the building
How to apply:
- Apply via the “søk her” button
- Include CV and brief motivation letter
At BioSort we have fun at work and strive to have an inclusive culture. We encourage initiatives and give you great creative freedom. We know that BioSort's success depends entirely on the knowledge and capabilities of our employees and put great effort in creating an outstanding team.
BioSort is a Norwegian technology company owned by its founders. Our ambition is to be the world leader in sensor-based optimization of fish resources. Our product, iFarm, for which we have four patents, will transform fish farming to become more sustainable, while lowering the production cost.
The iFarm development is supported by Development Licenses awarded by the Directorate of Fisheries, with funding for 5 years. In this development we work very closely with Cermaq, one of the largest salmon farmers in the world.
- Martin Linges vei 25, 1364 Fornebu
- Industri og produksjon,
- IT - programvare
- IT utvikling / Utvikler (generell),
- IT utvikling / Full stack utvikler,
- IT utvikling / AI / Maskinlæring
maskinlæring, AI, data services, cloud computing, software
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Sølvi Harm-Christensen
- Rekrutterer i Unomio
- 909 35 747
Martin Linges vei 25, 1364 Fornebu
|Sist endret||30. mar. 2021 13:07|