Experience with paint application? - We're looking for a new Laboratory Assistant/Technician
- Laboratory Assistant/Technician
We are looking for a new Laboratory Technician/Assistant that has experience with paint application to join the Testing Department team at our brand new head office in Sandefjord. Jotun's testing department conducts tests of our paints to document the quality of our products.
The position offers a mix of teamwork with other paint applicators' and individual work, as well as a great deal of variation from day-to-day. Your main task will be ensuring that all coating products are applied with high quality and that the surface preparation of test panels are in accordance with international standards.
In the position you will assist in producing test and approval documentation for performance coating products. This includes preparation, application, testing and shipment of test panels for the Protective and Marine segment according to international specifications and standards
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the test panels and coating product ordering, quality control of the incoming material and shipment of test panels for testing at external laboratory
- Responsible for preparation, application and shipment of test panels for all Protective and Marine testing according to international standards
- Responsible for weathering of test panels before application and the transport to and from our weathering station in Sandefjord
- Ensure high quality test application of new products together with chemist for evaluation of coating application properties of new coating products
- Deliver coating application test reports continuously, in writing and orally
- Participate in project work and project groups with professional and practical input to ensure that application and testing will be made in a correct way
- Follow up test equipment and maintain the laboratory, so that the laboratory and all the laboratory equipment are clean, safe and pleasant
Relevant training will be given to the chosen candidate. However, we believe that our new colleague will have extra good chances of succeeding in the position if the below requirements are met:
- High school education, preferably with a vocational certificate (fagbrev) as painter/car painter
- Preferably some years of relevant experience but recently graduated candidates are encouraged to apply
- Experience with spray painting/application of different types of paints like epoxy, polyurethane etc.
- Experience with different types of surface preparations methods and coating inspection
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English - both spoken and written
- Good computer skills
- A generally good physical health is required since the position can be physically demanding - e.g.: some heavy lifting must be expected in the position
- Initiative & Responsibility - acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Execution - adheres to company rules and procedures; executes plans with commitment and determination; achieves high quality results
- Systematic Approach - uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- Steadiness - creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports and encourages team in difficult times; is firm and reliable
- Professional Expertise - demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development
- Constructive Teamwork - co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
We can offerA friendly and supportive culture. Jotun is a large and dynamic global community present in over 100 countries. At Jotun we are part of a caring global family. It is an informal work environment with few hierarchies. We are always striving to live our values; Loyalty, Care, Respect and Boldness.
Extensive opportunities for professional and personal development, both through on-the-job training and Jotun Academy. At Jotun we want to develop long-term relationships with our employees and therefore we put a strong focus into nurturing people in building their career with us.
A professional and supportive work environment with focus on continuous improvement and innovation. Our story is one of innovating and reinventing processes and concepts with the purpose of creating better and sustainable products that will have an impact in the world.
Exciting challenges in a growing company with excellent ?nancial results. We are growing steadily and the financial strength this gives us allows us to invest in research and development to create new innovative products and to invest on people and in the support of local communities.
Jotun is one of the world's leading manufacturers of decorative paints, marine, protective and powder coatings. The Group has 65 companies and 39 production facilities around the world, and more than 10 000 employees. Jotun is represented in more than 100 countries through own subsidiaries, joint ventures, agents, branch offices and distributors. The Jotun Group’s sales in 2019 was NOK 19.652 billion. The Jotun Group is organised into four segments and seven geographical regions, and has its head office in Sandefjord, Norway.
- Hystadveien 167, 3209 Sandefjord
- Industri og produksjon
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Terje Aamodt
- Manager Testing Department
- 974 89 805
Hystadveien 167, 3209 Sandefjord
|Sist endret||25. mar. 2021 13:38|