Director Safety and Security
- Andøya Space
- Director Safety and Security
The division includes IT, Service, Launch Operations, Safety, Maintenance and Human Resources. It consists of more than 50 people and the Director Safety and Security will be an active part of its management, being responsible for safety and security.
The Director performs coordinating duties within the division and towards the business divisions and will have the overall responsibility for all aspects within safety and security.
The responsibilities of the Director include leading the Safety and Security department and securing that all necessary measures are taken to assure a safe and secure environment for all in Andøya Space.
The main tasks are:
- Managing the Safety Management System (SMS) implementation plan into the company.
- Establish and maintain a safety culture in the company.
- Actively promote corporate culture for safety.
- Actively promote corporate culture for security.
- Responsible for personnel in the Safety and Security Department.
- Be an advisor for the top management.
- Monitor and control the safety systems.
- Suggest improvements and corrective measures.
- Conduct training and exercises in the organization.
- Responsible for internal assessments and revisions
- Point of contact for external organizations within the safety and security domain
Qualifications - educationWe are seeking an applicant with a degree in a relevant discipline and/or with extensive experience and knowledge of safety and security in aviation, technical industry or space. It is essential that the applicant has knowledge of how safety assessments are conducted, both using qualitative and quantitative methods. Commercial or national security considerations may apply to some operations; it is therefore essential that the applicant may gain a Norwegian security clearance. In addition, good technical, interpersonal and communication skills and being proficient in English oral and writing.
We look for colleagues with a combination of skills, personal traits, and attitudes. They include:
- Time management
- Strong work ethic
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Good technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- University degree in a relevant discipline, work experience will also be considered as a substitute for University degree.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills.
We offerAndøya Space is a stimulating international working environment, within an active local community, on an island providing many opportunities for outdoor pursuits. Diversity in the workplace is essential to Andøya Space and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds, communities, and industries. Salary is by agreement. Pension and insurance arrangements. Andøya Space supports flexible working hours, we can assist newcomers to find housing and we may provide support for relocation costs. The position is subject to a standard six-month probationary period.
Andøya Space is a Norwegian aerospace company. We enable scientists to explore Earth’s atmosphere with sounding rockets, balloons, unmanned aircraft and advanced ground-based instrumentation. We enable engineers to test new aerospace and defense related technology. We educate and inspire the next generation scientists and engineers. We are now working to establish Norway’s - and Europe’s - launch facility for small satellites.
- Bleiksvegen 46, 8480 Andenes
Director, Safety, and, Security
|Sist endret||8. mar. 2021 10:19|