Play to WIN
- Geosteering Geologist - Sperry Drilling
In order to accommodate increasing workload we are looking for a Geosteering Geologist in our Drilling Engineering Solutions department. We are looking for someone to be a part of a dynamic and flexible work group, working alongside some of the industries most talented well placement geologists. You will work closely with the customer either in the customer office or in a Halliburton Real-Time center.
Pre-well study and planning:
- Request and QC data for geological modelling.
- Modelling relevant scenarios for the proposed well, based on customer input and your well placement experience.
- Advising customers on optimization of well plans and identifying subsurface risks.
- Attend shift work during operationally active periods as required.
- Monitor the geological operations and provide analysis of conditions encountered in real-time using any Halliburton technology.
- Provide interpretations and insight into the petrophysical properties, stratigraphic position and structural interpretation of the surrounding media.
- Provide sufficient data analysis and geological interpretation to the client to support modification of the well plan in real-time to ensure optimal placement of the wellbore and safe drilling.
Post well work:
- Analyze post-well data and review interpretations.
- Produce and lead post well presentations for the client to evaluate the success of the operation.
- Identify any issues and propose methodologies to correct problems.
- Communicate outcomes and lessons learned to management and the wider community.
- Assist in tender preparation as required.
- Participate in external industry events by generating success stories, case studies, technical paper abstracts and attending conferences.
- Assist in other Halliburton projects and operations when required. e.g. Real Time Operation Center shift rotations and Business Development support.
A willingness to travel is required since assignments abroad can be expected.
Competitive pension- and insurance scheme.
Company health service.
Beneficial employee stock-purchase plan.
Focus on technology and educational development.
Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment.
Master (MSc) or Bachelor degree (BSc) in, Geology/Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering or related fields.
Minimum 5 years? experience within one or more of following areas: Geosteering, Petrophysics, Wellsite Geologist, M/LWD, Well planning or other relevant fields.
Knowledge of planning and modelling software tools such as Stratasteer3D/RoxC is an advantage
Experience with using InSite.
Excellent skills in English, both written and oral are essential. Candidate must be able to make and hold detailed technical presentations in English.
Candidates should have good communication and collaborative skills.
Candidates should be able to produce structured and organized output while working in a complex work environment. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage personal time and workloads within deadlines is mandatory.
While candidates should be capable of making decisions and planning their work independently if required, they should value collaboration and working as part of the team.
This position is an outward client-facing role with a significant amount of time working alongside our customers.
We are looking for someone with a strategic mindset, capable of producing innovative methodologies and potentially new solutions for our customers challenges.
Eldfiskvegen 1, 4056 Tananger, Norway
Product Service Line:
Hiring Manager: Supriya Sinha +47 47484536
Recruiter: Kjersti Roth Oaland +47 51837506
Deadline: 17th March 2021
- Stavanger, 4056 Tananger
- Industri og produksjon,
- Maritim og offshore,
- Olje og gass
- Ingeniør / Boreteknikk/drilling,
- Ingeniør / Mekanisk
Ingeniør, Sperry Drilling, Geolog
|Sist endret||18. mar. 2021 02:03|