Global Product Specialist
- ABB AS
- Global Product Specialist
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated in creating a future where innovative digital technologies allowing our customers a greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Marine & Ports in Norway develop and deliver solutions for marine power, propulsion and automation systems. We are responsible for deliveries of electric propulsion, power and automation systems to vessels, with high focus on green solutions.
We are strengthening our product team in Bridge Solutions at ABB, Marine & Ports, and are looking for a Global Product Specialist for our ABB Ability? Marine Pilot family products. You will secure good commercial quality and the right marked adaption of products. Facilitate sound information flow throughout the organization to enable the cross-functional team to market, sell, engineer and service the products in the most efficient and professional manner.
· Develop technical and commercially feasible solutions for our customers
· Manage product technical and commercial documentation together with product managers and product owners
· Support internal stake holders in productizations process
· Support in technical bid, sales and marketing activities
· Launch plans and launching of new products
· Support all organisational functions with their product related needs
· Product training for internal and external stakeholders
· Support budgeting activities
· Facilitate launching / phase-out of products
· Assists with resolution of customer product issues
· Leading the life cycle management process
· Cooperating with partners and suppliers to ensure that the products meets market needs
· A challenging position in an international working environment
· The opportunity for personal development
· The opportunity to further develop your career in a global company
· The opportunity to apply cutting edge technologies to the maritime industry
· A relevant education at B.Sc. or M.Sc. level
· Experience from bridge systems as operator, designer or supplier
· An understanding of ship automation, basic software systems
· Experience and understanding of navigation, COLREGS and the regulatory domain, such as SOLAS
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have:
· Strong interest in shaping the future of ship systems supporting autonomous operations
· Excellent communication skills
· Technical and people leadership skills and experience
· Experience and/or references from ship digitalization in a development role, hands-on role or as a user of modern ship software solutions
· Experience from product management and/or business development
· Experience with Sensors and Position Reference systems for maneuvering and navigation
The position may be located in Fornebu, Norway or Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Interested in joining the crew? We are looking forward to receiving your application letter and CV through the ABB job portal by 21.03.2021
Please note that in cooperation with Meditor Search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and marine software, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
Navy, Product Specialist, Bridge Systems, Automation, Marine
|Sist endret||14. apr. 2021 13:40|