Do you want to join a fast growing solar energy company?
- Norsk Solar
- Environmental & Social (E&S) Manager
Are you experienced within Environmental and Social work, and want to join our fast-paced, international and dynamic company, where we develop large-scale solar power plants in emerging markets?
Main purpose of position
As our E&S Manager you will be leading our social and environmental work. This includes identifying, reviewing and managing social and environmental risks and impacts associated with our projects and investments, and supporting the continuous development of our environmental and social policies, tools and practices. The E&S Manager will be responsible for our ESMS (Environmental and Social Management System), which forms the basis for all our work within E&S.
- Ensure that all our renewable energy projects are in accordance with our Environmental and Social Policy and procedures
- Ensure that we operate in full alignment with international standards and best practices
- Set up, develop and manage the day-to-day operation of our environmental and social management system
- Design and lead the work on E&S risk and impact assessments, and implement action plans
- International collaboration with experts in renewable energy field and from development finance institutions
- Visit project sites in target countries during project development stage and during project implementation and monitoring
- Develop and deliver internal training and awareness initiatives including E&S-reporting to key internal and external stakeholders
- University degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience within similar roles
- Experience in development and implementation of environmental and social management systems
- Experience in environmental and social due diligence (ESDD) of renewable energy projects and environmental and social risk appraisal in international financing
- Experience IFC Performance Standards and WB EHS Guidelines
- Knowledge of OHS management in renewable energy construction and operation, including experience in ISO 45 001 experience in analysing corporate social responsibility aspects, identifying risks, and evaluating impacts, and sustainability reporting – experience in renewable energy sector is considered an asset
- knowledge of environmental and social aspects, including risks, impacts and mitigation measures, associated with project implementation in developing countries
- knowledge of international environmental and social best practice standards (incl. management systems, labour and human rights, land use, stakeholder engagement, environmental issues)
- Some experience with project coordination, management or similar
- Fluent in English, written and orally. Spanish/Portuguese/French is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, analytical and problem solver
- Strong integrity
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Team player
- Experienced from and want to work in a diverse cultural environment
For the right candidate we can offer an attractive position in a high growth company in an exciting renewable energy industry. The work environment is characterized by highly skilled and experienced professionals with strong results and business focus, but it is also informal. Your colleagues have strong drive, they are dedicated, and solution-oriented.
Screening and interview process will be held in Oslo or Stavanger the following weeks until a candidate has been selected. For questions and other positions we currently have at Norsk Solar, please get in touch with Ketil Hanche Mosland at Omega (+47 940 12 882).
Norsk Solar AS is a fast-growing integrated solar energy company established in 2017. We have positioned ourselves as the largest Norwegian privately held solar developer with large-scale solar projects of 50 MW in Pakistan and 9 MW in Ukraine that are in operation, and more than 1 GW of projects under development and in pipeline. Our ambition is to develop, finance, build, own and operate renewable energy assets worldwide, with a focus on emerging markets - where we can make the biggest impact on sustainability and economic growth. We are currently developing projects in Latin America, Europe, Asia and Africa, and we are headquartered in Stavanger, Norway, with offices in Oslo, Nicaragua, South Africa, Vietnam, and Ukraine.
- Torggata 15, 0181 Oslo
- Konsulent og rådgivning,
- Kraft og energi,
- Olje og gass
Environmental, ifc, E&S, Renewables, Solar
|Sist endret||11. mar. 2021 08:58|