Summer Project 2021: The Circular Economy Challenge
- Statkraft AS
- Summer Project 2021: The Circular Economy Challenge
Here at Statkraft, we are all about purpose. Our very existence is focused on leading the shift to a renewable energy world. We have been doing this since 1895, and we continue to do it today. Now, we need your help to make a carbon free future a reality. Are you up for the challenge? Join us for a truly impactful summer!
What will you be working on this summer?
We are proud to present our annual summer project 2021, which provides the opportunity to influence the sustainability approach of Statkraft. While Statkraft is already a front leader as Europes largest renewable energy producer, we are now looking for students who can investigate how we can better integrate circular economy thinking into our strategies for developing, building and operating our renewable energy assets. We will need to better understand how we can be part of a zero-waste future; by focusing on our total value chain from project design and management through sourcing processes, improved waste management, supporting R&D initiatives within material development and recycling technology as well as cross-sector partnerships.
So we challenge you to tell us how we can accelerate circularity within our business portfolio! To solve this you will:
- Explore the international regulatory and political landscape, including the EUs Green deal ambitions.
- Look into key drivers and megatrends such as zero-waste, decarbonization and digitalization.
- Explore practical circular economy examples from leading companies.
- Analyze and recommend how Statkraft can apply greater focus on circular economy in our activities.
The case will involve analysis of Statkrafts opportunities and challenges to show how we can further build on our existing initiatives in this area. At the end of the period you will propose a company-wide circularity ambition and a potential roadmap towards 2030, which will contribute to the further development of Statkraft as a leading renewable energy company.
You will present the outcome of the project to our Corporate Management and the broader organisation by the end of the period. The project will be based in Oslo, and last from mid June to mid August 2021. We plan for a mixture of both virtual work and some physical attendance at the Head Quarters in Oslo. We are following all Covid-19 related guidelines, restrictions and advise from national health authorities and will plan project execution accordingly.
What can you expect?
As a summer intern you will be working in a diverse and multidisciplinary team of 6 students. You can expect responsibility from day one, with close follow up from designated and motivated mentors from corporate sustainability and corporate strategy. Our summer students are highly qualified employees and you will actively contribute to the further development and growth of Statkraft. We encourage students with a curious and creative mind to apply! To read more about the summer project click here to visit our website.
Want to know more about Statkraft and our view on the future?
Watch this video; https://vimeo.com/320608153 and look into our scenario report for a renewable and electric future; Low emissions scenario 2020 (report.lowemissions2020.com).
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a diverse team with various backgrounds ranging from industrial-, electrical-, mechanical engineering, business/strategy, economics, natural sciences, renewable energy studies, political science, computer science and IT, mathematics, physics, or other area of relevance. We need someone who has:
- The ability to think and reason commercially
- Strong analytical skills and is result oriented
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Good communication skills and is a team player
- Cultural awareness
- Great passion for business and the renewable industry
- Preferably 3-4 years of higher education with solid academic results
- You must be fluent in English - this is our internal business language
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions you must have residency in Norway to be eligible to apply
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth
- A positive working environment characterised by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europes largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 4000 employees in 17 countries.
- Antall stillinger
- 0283 Oslo
- Kraft og energi
- Forretningsutvikling og strategi,
internship, sommerjobb, praksis
|Sist endret||9. mar. 2021 11:22|