Sustainability and Environment Advisor
- Vår Energi
- Sustainability and Environment Advisor
We are currently looking for a Sustainability and Environment Advisor to our office in Stavanger, Norway. As a Sustainability and Environment Advisor you will work in the Safety & Sustainability Department and be a subject matter specialist within sustainability and ESG reporting, in combination with being an advisor within external environment issues across the Company's activities.
Vår Energi fosters a collaborative and transparent work environment. We consider our 900 employees to be Vår Energi's greatest asset and we seek to maintain, attract and further develop a diverse workforce of professional individuals. With ambitious growth objectives, a set of company values have been defined as a guideline for our way of working. Our values are: growth, integrity, will to win, inspiring and team player - VI VIL! (we will) in Norwegian.
Application deadline: 16.03.2021
Tasks and responsibilities
- Promote sustainability in the Company, and be the Departments' focal point of contact for sustainability/ESG reporting matters
- Responsible for producing and coordinate the development of the annual Sustainability Report
- Facilitate ESG reporting improvements and updates according to best practices, and be responsible for the Company's ESG reporting system and framework
- Be the Company expert with respect to sustainability reporting standards, best practices, and industry reporting trends
- Facilitate continuous development and improvement of KPI's and sustainability goals in the Company, and coordinate sustainability processes and activities across Departments and Functional units in the Company
- Contribute to the strenghtening of circular economy models in the Company
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the Company's environmental management and performance
- Contribute as an advisor/expert within external environment matters in different departments as needed
Education and experience:
Higher education (minimum Master or equivalent) with very good academic results and minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Education and experience related to sustainability, climate, energy or external environment will be an advantage
Good understanding or experience of issues related to sustainability in the oil and gas sector will be an advantage
Understanding of reporting standards such as GRI, TCFD, CDP, GHG Protocol etc.
Good understanding and interest in learning more about sustainability analyzes, environmental management, climate accounting and sustainability in the value chain
Very good oral and written presentation skills in Norwegian and English, as well as generally good communicative skills
Strong knowledge of the Norwegian regulatory regime and other requirements such as EU ETS, EU, NFRD, EU Circular Economy Action Plan is acknowledged
Experience from or knows the Norwegian oil and gas sector
Fluent in Norwegian and English, oral and written
We are offering:
Competitive salary and benefits such as pension, insurance schemes, loan arrangements, cabins, additional days off etc. in addition to a comprehensive welfare package.
Challenging tasks in a dynamic and technically strong environment with the opportunity to grow, learn and be creative
International working environment and internal development opportunities
To be a part of a company which believes in the future of the NCS and which offers rewarding tasks and responsibilities for the right candidate.
A strong corporate culture where we are team players, with focus on new solutions, learning and integrity
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Helen Omland
- Senior Recruitment Consultant
- 908 68 354
Vestre Svanholmen 1, 4313 Sandnes
|Sist endret||1. mar. 2021 15:07|