Want to help us create groundbreaking video services?
- NEP Norway AS
- Systems Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our team.
The position is a full-time position at our Oslo office to work tightly withing our Infrastructure Engineering team. Our team builds and maintains IT systems running in our data centre providing 24/7 services to our clients.
This includes setup and operation of physical server infrastructure, virtualisation environments, storage clusters, container runtime environments and more.
To deliver best in class services to our customers we are looking for a candidate that has deep and broad understanding of system administration, automation as well as system lifecycle management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing all installed systems and infrastructure
- Establish, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Evaluate the existing systems and provide the technical direction to the management
- Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency
- Oversee the constant availability of technical resources
- Maintain and supervise the inventory
- At least 3 years working experience in Linux system administration
- Experience with Ansible
- Strong technical background in building redundant and robust solutions
- Experience working with SAN and NAS systems (EMS Isilon, Gluster, others)
- Working experience with virtualisation solutions such as XenServer, XCP-ng, VMWare ESXi or similar
- A strong eye for architecture and patterns
- Working knowledge with Docker, Kubernetes
- Working knowledge with Kafka and event-driven architecture
- Experience using Terraform or other infrastructure as code solutions.
- Experience in reading and writing Python code
- Good understanding of cloud service provider offerings (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
The ideal candidate will bring on board a positive attitude, see opportunities instead of challenges and is eager to provide best in class experience for our clients.
In addition, you are:
- A strong team player able to collaborate closely with teammates and other internal stakeholders
- Result oriented and focused contributor able to work with deadlines
- Curious and self-driven learner with a holistic approach to complex challenges
- Able to withstand periods of high activity linked to major entertainment and sports events (Breaking News, Major title releases, Olympics, EURO2020 and similar)
- Exhibiting strong analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
At NEP we believe in being in integrity, teamwork, innovation and passion. We work together with leading actors in the Sports, Broadcast and Media industries. NEP opens for a wide network of 90 offices in 24 countries, where the values we believe in are the common driver for bringing innovation to our clients.
As a member of the operations team you will be:
- Given responsibilities and ownership of your tasks
- Working with highly skilled colleagues with international experience
- Exploring new technologies and their implementation
- Provided with training, personal development and career opportunities
- Enjoying working in an Informal atmosphere with many activities (skiing, kickoffs, monthly gatherings for chat and drinks, etc).
Because the financials also matter, we are also offering the following:
- Competitive salary based on relevant experience and track record
- Very good pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Travel insurance
If you identify with the above, we look forward to hearing from you.
Denne rekrutteringsprosessen gjennomføres i samarbeid med Reflekt IT, og for å ivareta ditt personvern ber vi deg om å legge inn søknad via Søk Her knappen.
Since its inception in 1997, NEP Norway has carved out a position as an important operator of head-end services in Scandinavia. The company has extensive experience of TV productions, play-out services, head-end services, OTT streaming services, Media asset management, monitoring and system operations.
Growing rapidly, the company currently has more than 130 employees and it is located at the Oslo Broadcast Center at Økern. We are behind many major video streaming services like NRK, RiksTV, Discovery+, RiksToto as well as involved in many high-profile live sports and entertainment deliveries via our Mediabank product.
- Økern torgvei 13, 0580 Oslo
- IT - maskinvare
- IT drift og vedlikehold / Drift/Operations,
- IT utvikling / Systemarkitekt
System engineer, Linux, Ansible, Docker, Python
Spørsmål om stillingen
Økern torgvei 13, 0580 Oslo
|Sist endret||18. feb. 2021 11:34|