Are you passionate about strategic sourcing & purchasing?
- DEFA AS
- Purchasing Manager Europe
You will be responsible for strategic sourcing & purchasing in Europe to ensure a portfolio of suppliers that meet the demand, price, quality, and lead times according to DEFA Group Purchasing Policy. Tasks include:
- Implement Group sourcing strategies to achieve sourcing targets while implementing global initiatives locally
- Manage DEFAs supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending, including: a) Set cost saving targets, follow up on purchasing savings and cost avoidance, and identify saving opportunities; b) Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best total cost for DEFA; c) Identify and partner with trustworthy approved suppliers; d) Analyze, benchmark, and estimate risks related to supply, cost, etc.; e) Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency; f) Ensure long term continuity of supply and continuous improvement of workflow
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies, by: a) Category spend analysis, identify strategic categories, and lead sourcing cases; b) Ensure bottom line focus to reduce total cost, and to get best possible price and commercial conditions for each category; c) Actively search and identify suppliers meeting business needs to support future growth demands
- Establish negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals, drive/lead negotiations, and set up of contracts with suppliers in line with DEFA Group Purchasing Policy
- Collect and Monitor supplier performance, such as: a) Quantity and timing of deliveries, b) Manage supplier issue handling, and negotiate supplier claims, c) Evaluate and focus on continuous improvement of supplier performance; d) Follow up of contract compliance and that deliveries and supplier performance are in accordance with terms agreed
- Establish early involvement and management of sourcing activities in R&D projects, ensuring transparency and control of cost commitments upfront. Secure compliance with PPAP&IATF standard (APQP)
- Monitor the development of prices for raw materials (steel, copper, etc.) and exchange rates
Your qualifications include:
- Relevant University Degree, preferably including Management, Commercial, and Technology
- Must have experience from the Automotive industry with good supplier network
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in strategic sourcing; supplier market analysis, selecting, evaluating possible suppliers, and implementing business with new suppliers
- Several years of experience in global sourcing and international supplier markets within dedicated category
- Experience in tactical sourcing in R&D projects and other projects
- Several years’ proven experience in negotiation from manufacturing industry in Purchasing position
- Good knowledge of different contract models and terms for the various categories/areas
- Good understanding of contract process and contract implementation
- Knowledge of category management and spend analysis
- Be able to read mechanical drawings and knowledge of relevant standards
- Lighting and automotive components sourcing experience is a plus
- Excellent English & Norwegian skills, written and spoken
We offer an exciting opportunity in Norwegian industry where you will be part of a team of smart, engaged, and nice colleagues!
If this sounds challenging and interesting, we would like to have your application as soon as possible. Candidates will be continuously evaluated.
DEFA is a Norwegian technology- and production company with more than 400 employees on three continents. We are world-leading in development and production of electric car heating solutions and have for more than 60 years connected cars to the electric grid with our self-developed products. In recent years we have also established us as one of Europe’s leading supplier of charging solutions for EV cars.
"We are moving the world forward by optimizing energy usage"
DEFA Purchasing organization is responsible for direct and indirect material throughout DEFA globally. We are a centralized function, supporting our R&D and production organizations within the Business Units.
- Slependveien 108, 1396 Billingstad
- Bil- og bildelproduksjon,
- Industri og produksjon
strategic sourcing, purchasing, category management, negotiation
|Sist endret||9. feb. 2021 10:03|