R&D Chemist - Topcoat Products
- R&D Chemist - Topcoat Products
Duties and responsibilities
- Have recipe responsibility for products including maintenance and follow-up towards production and marketing to ensure that the quality of the product satisfies the market requirements and environmental demands.
- Carry out required development and maintenance tasks by planning, formulating, testing and evaluating recipes and raw materials.
- Report results from development and maintenance work.
- Search for and make use of knowledge through literature, raw material suppliers, practical experience, learning from others as well as attending courses to be in a position to work independently with complex R&D tasks.
- Education and experience in Research and Development:
- BSc in Chemistry, with 4-6 years of relevant experience or;
- MSc in Chemistry.
- Good general understanding of IT systems
- Excellent English language skills - both written and spoken
- Systematic Approach - uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively
- Analysis & Judgment - quickly understands and analyzes complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgments
- Professional Expertise - demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development
- Innovation - produces fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions; breaks away from tradition; promotes change and novelty
- Initiative & Responsibility - acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results
- Constructive Teamwork - co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
We can offerA friendly and supportive culture. Jotun is a large and dynamic global community present in over 100 countries. At Jotun we are part of a caring global family. It is an informal work environment with few hierarchies. We are always striving to live our values; Care, loyalty, respect and boldness.
Extensive opportunities for professional and personal development, both through on-the-job training and Jotun Academy. At Jotun we want to develop long-term relationships with our employees and therefore we put a strong focus into nurturing people in building their career with us.
A professional and supportive work environment with focus on continuous improvement and innovation. Our story is one of innovating and reinventing processes and concepts with the purpose of creating better and sustainable products that will have an impact in the world.
Exciting challenges in a growing company with excellent ?nancial results. We are growing steadily and the financial strength this gives us allows us to invest in research and development to create new innovative products and to invest on people and in the support of local communities.
Jotun is one of the world's leading manufacturers of decorative paints, marine, protective and powder coatings. The Group has 65 companies and 39 production facilities around the world, and more than 10 000 employees. Jotun is represented in more than 100 countries through own subsidiaries, joint ventures, agents, branch offices and distributors. The Jotun Group's sales in 2019 was NOK 19.652 billion. The Jotun Group is organised into four segments and seven geographical regions, and has its head office in Sandefjord, Norway.
- Hystadveien 167, 3209 Sandefjord
- Kjemisk industri
R&D, Chemist, Product, development
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Heidi Guren
- R&D Manager Topcoats products - Waterborne & 1K Solventborne
- 979 53 408
- Åsmund Bergem
- HR Advisor
- 934 50 805
Hystadveien 167, 3209 Sandefjord
|Sist endret||22. des. 2020 14:37|