Would you like to join the next revolution in renewable energy?
- Aker Offshore Wind
- Fabrication Engineer – Offshore Wind
We believe the next revolution in renewable energy will be offshore floating wind. Do you want to be part of our journey? We are already working to realize projects around the world, from California to South Korea – and Norway.
We need talented and ambitious people to make this happen. If you think you’ve got what it takes, get in touch.
The Fabrication Engineer for Offshore Wind will be part of the Engineering Department and report directly to SVP Engineering. The position is located at Aker Solutions HQ in Fornebu, Oslo.
As our Fabrication Engineer you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the industrialization of the emerging deepwater offshore wind power industry.
- participate in yards fabrication studies (floating substructure and jackets for deep bottom-fixed)
- be involved in research projects on innovative fabrication methods and robotic welding with KETEP
- support supply chain and local content activities
- follow up with academic initiatives related to fabrication
- provide inputs to liaise application documents on floater fabrication scope (method statements and cost estimates)
- interface with other disciplines internally (floater design, WTG selection and offshore installation)
- contribute to various activities related to environmental assessment, IP registration and digitalization
Who are you?
- as minimum a bachelor’s degree in Engineering (civil, structure, mechanical or naval architecture). Actual experience can compensate for a lack of formal competence
- 5+ years’ experience from working on fabrication yard
- experience with following up projects from design to fabrication and load-out
- experience with fabrication of large steel hull and/or jacket structures of 5000t+, load-out of large structures and with robotic welding
- good communication skills in English. Norwegian and other Nordic languages are considered a plus
- a strong interest in renewable energies and the offshore wind industry the ability to travel/work both domestically and abroad
- dynamic & enthusiastic, autonomous and self-driven (start-up mode) and comfortable with working in an international environment
Why Aker Offshore Wind?
- This is a great opportunity for both professional and personal development in a new and expansive competence environment
- You will find a social and creative work environment with a large degree of influence on your own everyday work
- We have a positive working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation
Synøve Sørland, Senior Recruiter, NES Advantage, +47 481 08 511 / firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply: apply directly to the job opening via LinkedIn (apply) or Finn.no (søk her)
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas.
Aker Offshore Wind strives to create a sustainable future. We are an offshore wind developer headquartered in Norway with focus on assets in deep waters. With global operations, the current portfolio consists of development projects and prospects located in Asia, North America and Europe. Aker Offshore Wind effectively deploys cost-effective technologies from decades of offshore energy developments and through its ownership stake in Principle Power
- OKSENØYVEIEN 8, 1366 Lysaker
- Kraft og energi,
- Maritim og offshore
- Ingeniør / Bygge- og anleggsteknikk,
- Ingeniør / Marinteknikk / Naval architecture
fabrication, yards, wind, fabrikasjon, verft
|Sist endret||18. jan. 2021 00:20|