Senior Software Engineer - groundbreaking product development for sustainability
- BioSort AS
- Senior Software Engineer
We are developing our product, iFarm, a system that utilizes computer vision, deep learning, and biometrics to create health records of fish. The result is increased fish welfare and sustainability, while lowering the production cost of fish farming.
Our prototypes are tested in real-world environments with over 150 000 fish per cage, and multiple cages per season. Our architecture and software pipeline seamlessly handle all stages from machine vision to sorting fish, generating health records, and timely reporting of events for easy decision making.
We use bleeding edge computing hardware running custom OS builds (e.g. Yocto) for accelerated machine learning and machine vision. Our current tools and technologies include: KeyCloak for all our authentication needs, Kubernetes to run a multitude of cloud instances for production as well as development needs, Kafka for event streaming, Prometheus for process data monitoring, Timescale for handling time series data, Grafana for displaying the charts, PagerDuty for event handling, etc.
At BioSort we seek the greatest minds from various fields of expertise to bring in new ideas and initiatives and push the limits of the status quo. Every employee is part of the core to realize the vision. Does this sound interesting to you? Then join this amazing journey as Senior Software Engineer!
- Be responsible for research, design, develop, testing, deploy, and operations of application software and user interfaces for the project
- Contribute to develop tools and libraries required for data services including big data retrieval, data understanding, and data preparation (Ref. Data science methodology)
- Extend existing software functions or libraries to resolve real-time needs and or to improve performance
- Contribute to architectural design and solution development encouraging continuous quality improvements
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 5+ years of experience and in-depth knowledge of high-level programming languages such as C/C++, Go, Rust, C#, .Net Core etc.
- Extensive experience in relational databases, knowledge of time series databases is a big plus
- Be proficient with design patterns to create resilient and fault tolerant systems
- Experience with complex systems analysis, design, and development programs on a wide range of industry projects
“Nice to have experience”:
- Create and maintain architecture, large-scale data stores, and cloud-based systems
- Developing real-time software for various stages of data science methodologies
- Passionate about solid coding practices, including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
- Passionate about high performant services, high availability, reliability, security, and consistency with focus on delivery
- Open minded, focused, and independent
- Team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
Some of the things you may appreciate:
- An environment where your opinion matters, and you can make great impact
- "Startup atmosphere" with "large company stability"
- Funding secured for 5 years
- Nice open office, by the water, with likely the longest idea cork wall in Oslo (13 meters)
- Electronics lab with the equipment you would expect in a large company
- Equipment of your own choice
- Coffee from Solberg & Hansen in the office
- Several very good cantinas, free gym, coffee shop, and KIWI in the building
How to apply:
- Apply via the “søk her” button
- Include CV, brief motivation letter, and academic records
- Expect interviews to take place in January
At BioSort we have fun at work and are concerned that each one is happy in the BioSort family. We have an open company culture, which is characterized by initiative and involvement, giving you great creative freedom. We know that BioSort's success depends entirely on the knowledge and capabilities of our employees and put great effort in creating an outstanding team.
BioSort is a Norwegian technology company owned by its founders. Our ambition is to be the world leader in sensor-based optimization of fish resources. Our product, iFarm, for which we have four patents, will transform fish farming to become more sustainable, while lowering the production cost.
The iFarm development is supported by Development Licenses awarded by the Directorate of Fisheries, with funding secured for 5 years. In this development we work very closely with Cermaq, the world’s second largest salmon farmer.
You can read more about BioSort here: www.biosort.no. If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact us.
- Martin Linges vei 25, 1364 Fornebu
- Industri og produksjon,
- IT - maskinvare,
- IT - programvare
- Ingeniør / Kybernetikk,
- IT utvikling / Utvikler (generell),
- IT utvikling / AI / Maskinlæring
maskinlæring, machine learning, data services, cloud computing, ai
Spørsmål om stillingen
Martin Linges vei 25, 1364 Fornebu
|Sist endret||24. nov. 2020 13:45|