Special Engineer- IT
- Oslo universitetssykehus HF
- Special engineer IT
A position as Special Engineer is available for a DevOps engineer/systems administrator. Contract from now until 31/12-21, with possibility for extention.
The position will contribute to put into motion clinical next generation sequencing for cancer precision medicine in a hospital IT environment. Emphasis will be on establishing robust and scalable solutions based on emerging standards in the field. The work will be supported by personnel with relevant competence, and build from existing research-based pipelines and know-how.
Duties and responsibilities
- The work will include maintenance and optimization of a linux-based computational framework within the hospital research compute environment, and to high-level management of projects within the University of Oslo HPC system for sensitive data, implementation of analytical pipelines in these environments, data handling, and scripting.
- We are seeking a candidate with a Masters degree in computer science / system administration.
- The candidate should have solid experience in DevOps and Linux system administration, preferably also with some leadership experience.
Relevant competence areas:
o Thorough experience administrating Linux servers, as well as traditional and cloud-based VMs, and Docker
o Development using BASH, Make, GCC, Autotools, etc.
o Command line know-how and trouble-shooting experience
o Web servers (Apache)
o Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
o Version control (Git / GitHub)
o Continuous integration/testing/deployment (Jenkins, GoCD, Travis, .)
o Package distribution (PYPI, BioConda, .)
o General front-end development (Web, REST APIs, etc)
o Experience in creating workflows via a workflow language
o Database admin and development (Postgresql, .)
o A firm grip of Python (preferably), Java, and other high-level programming languages
o Solid experience with clean coding principles
o Working knowledge of basic genomic concepts, data types, and data analysis methods, and their representation in software systems.
o Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Being self-driven and having the ability to work independently, as well as being a team player
Oslo University Hospital is a highly specialized hospital in charge of extensive regional and local hospital assignments. As Scandinavia's largest hospital, we carry out more than 1.2 million patient treatments each year. The hospital has a nationwide responsibility for a number of national and multi-regional assignments, and has several national centers of competence. Oslo University Hospital is responsible for approximately 50 percent of all medical and health care research conducted at Norwegian hospitals, and is a significant role player within the education of a large variety of health care personnel.
- Ullernchausseen 64, 0379 Oslo
- Forskning, utdanning og vitenskap,
- IT drift og vedlikehold / Drift/Operations
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Eivind Hovig
- Enhetsleder, fagansvarlig
- 930 69 881
Ullernchausseen 64, 0379 Oslo
|Sist endret||29. okt. 2020 12:34|