Senior process engineer
- CapeOmega AS
- Senior process engineer
CapeOmega is the largest private owner in the gas infrastructure system on the Norwegian continental shelf. We believe that Norwegian gas is an important part of Europe’s sustainable energy mix. We are thus committed to make extensive efforts to reduce carbon emissions related to the production and processing of natural gas. This can be done through electrification efforts and the conversion of natural gas to hydrogen as the future energy carrier, combined with CO2 capture and storage.
CapeOmega is therefore developing business opportunities related to developing, owning and operating infrastructure for the decarbonisation of the Norwegian gas industry, both on land and at sea. Together with industry partners, we are investigating opportunities for electrification, hydrogen production and CO2 transport and storage as a preparation for the energy transformation in Europe.
We are therefore seeking a process engineer/process technologist who has relevant experience with project management, technology qualification and preferably experience from commercial processes. Previous experience from process and technical safety in project development, operation of value chains for natural gas and/or hydrogen will be an advantage.
We value qualities such as analytical skills, initiative, knowledge, technological curiosity, combined with a commercial mindset. You have the required experience and knowledge to enable CapeOmega to successfully invest in the energy systems of the future.
• Analyse technology and investment opportunities related to the conversion of natural gas to hydrogen with associated capture and storage of CO2
• This includes responsibility for process safety and technical safety in specific business opportunities where CapeOmega participates in the development, ownership and operation of energy infrastructure
• Participate as the company's representative in development projects and modifications of our current portfolio in gas infrastructure
• Independently plan processes, set milestones, work structured and autonomously when it comes to time, quality and cost
• Analyse technology and opportunities and combine this with your own ideas that can be further developed into business opportunities
• We are looking for a person with a process/chemical engineering education at Master's/PhD level and with relevant experience within analysis, project management and development
• Experience from either process analysis, process/technical safety in project development and operation of value chains for natural gas or hydrogen
• You thrive in a work environment with fast pace, short deadlines and varied work tasks
• You have good collaboration skills, initiative, solid ability to network
• You understand that environmental ambitions must be combined with commercial solutions in order to be successful
• Pragmatic and analytically strong
• Self-driven, full of initiative and creativity
• Strong implementation ability
• Strong professional interest, knowledge and networking ability
CapeOmega AS, based in Bergen, Norway, owns key infrastructure that supports transmission of gas to European markets. CapeOmega’s portfolio includes a significant share of Gassled, the world’s largest offshore gas transmission system, as well as a third of the new Polarled pipeline, and a significant share of the gas plant Nyhamna.
The company is a qualified license holder on the NCS and is backed by the leading energy infrastructure private equity investor Partners Group. CapeOmega has a solid financial position to support our growth ambitions.
- 5058 Bergen
- Maritim og offshore,
- Olje og gass
- Ingeniør / Kjemiingeniør
engineer, hydrogen, process engineer, energy
|Sist endret||12. nov. 2020 00:00|