Regional Chief Accountant responsible for multiple Nordic and Baltic countries
- DNV GL
- Regional Chief Accountant for GSS Finance
GSS Region Nordics covers over 21 legal entities in 12 countries in Europe. The Regional Centre will focus on delivery of services where proximity to the Business Areas is required and deliver support to Country Chairs. Services will be rendered in close collaboration with the GSS Global Centre Finance in Poland.
We are seeking a Regional Chief Accountant who will be responsible for multiple Nordic and Baltic countries and entities. The Regional Chief Accountant will be responsible for delivering GSS Finance mandatory & country specific finance services across all 5 Business Areas in the region. The Regional Chief Accountant will ensure effective statutory reporting, maintain local stakeholder engagement and lead the execution of the Group transformation projects in the region. The Regional Chief Accountant will oversee and guide a team of Chief Accountants/Management Accountants responsible for one or more countries within the region and will be part of the regional management team reporting to the GSS Regional Manager Finance Nordics. The position is based in Høvik, Norway.
To succeed in this role you will provide leadership, direction and prioritization to the team. You will play a key role in service implementation, development and continuous improvement of deliveries.
IFRS accounting & reporting
- Lead the IFRS accounting process for a legal entity from the Regional Centre perspective and be the main contact point towards BA Finance and towards the Global Center
- Provide input to specific accruals, provisions, intercompany invoicing, asset reviews, and questions to non-standard or complex journal entries
- Work with Business Controllers and GSS controllers for monthly reporting
- Check accruals and provisions requested by the BA’s
- Monitor cash flow development, makes sure that internal long-term funding (loans/deposits) or capital adjustments are arranged and authorized
Statutory accounting & reporting
- Prepare statutory postings required under local GAAP as input for the Global Centre
- Prepare the statutory financial statements and lead the local statutory reporting process, incl. statutory notes, annual reports and public disclosures, if requested
- Oversee tax compliance, support in tax reviews, support in preparation of tax reports and tax calculation for annual group and statutory accounts
- Monitor shares capital development and dividends and make sure that equity rules and dividend payment rules are followed and are legally compliant (eg. thin capitalization rules, limits to dividends, WHT on dividends, dividend reporting)
- Prepare additional reports for local statutory and tax purposes (e.g. statistical or central bank reports)
- Ensure compliance with Group accounting standards, International Accounting Standards, Statutory and Tax rules. Coordinate and facilitate in Internal Control matters
- Prepare companies for Internal Audit visits and participates in Group Internal Audit visits
- Reconcile annually legal entity reporting between IFRS and Local GAAP
- Be the main contact point towards external auditors and outsourcing partners from local/area side
- Drive standardization of accounting processes and recording of transaction in collaboration with the GSS centre
- Drive standardization of the chart of accounts and cost centre structure for the legal entities
- Support in group projects like Legal Entity Efficiency Programme (LEEP) & Oracle implementation
- Academic degree (B.A or M.A) in business studies or comparable qualification
- 10+ years of professional international experience in accounting
- Extensive experience in people management, ideally in multinational environments
- Good knowledge in IFRS, in local GAAP and in local statutory reporting
- Audit experience from international firm is an advantage
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Oracle Finance
- Excellent English skills required, written and verbal. Any additional European and/or Scandinavian language skills are an advantage
- Experience of operating within customer focused and/or business area finance teams
Characteristics of successful employees
- Good people management skills aligned with the DNV GL company values
- Excellent communication skills and cultural awareness
- Positive attitude, customer centric mindset and willingness to go the extra mile to meet organizational goals
- Ability to build good relationships with different stakeholders
- Attentive to detail and deadlines
- Sharp judgment
- Strong team player and leader, capable and confident to drive for continual improvement
- Gravitas that comes with the experience of dealing with senior business cooperation partners
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proven ability to learn and understand new software/accounting systems
- Structured and analytical mind-set focused on solution-oriented thinking and taking a pragmatic approach to delivering results
What we offer:
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norway’s most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Competitive terms and conditions
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Social events, sports and team building activities.
DNV GL is the independent expert in risk management and quality assurance, operating in more than 100 countries. Through its broad experience and deep expertise DNV GL advances safety and sustainable performance, sets industry benchmarks, and inspires and invents solutions.
Whether assessing a new ship design, optimizing the performance of a wind farm, analyzing sensor data from a gas pipeline or certifying a food company’s supply chain, DNV GL enables its customers and their stakeholders to make critical decisions with confidence.
Driven by its purpose, to safeguard life, property, and the environment, DNV GL helps tackle the challenges and global transformations facing its customers and the world today and is a trusted voice for many of the world’s most successful and forward-thinking companies.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centres of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
chief_accountant, Regnskapssjef, accounting_manager
Spørsmål om stillingen
- Ingvild Tolo
- Regional Manager GSS Finance Nordics
- 900 36 404
Høvik 1363, 0001 Oslo
|Sist endret||22. okt. 2020 10:02|