Greening the Orange Communications Coordinator
- Norwegian Refugee Council
- Greening the Orange Communications Coordinator
Do you want to be part of a team working for a greener humanitarian response?
The Norwegian Refugee Council delivers high-quality aid, protecting people forced to flee and supporting them as they build a new future. NRC works in new and protracted crises across more than 30 countries, providing food assistance, clean water, shelter, legal aid, and education. Around 15,000 people work for NRC, most hired locally to work in the field, with a smaller number based at head office in Oslo or working globally.
NRC has set an ambitious objective to work towards making ourselves, the communities we serve and the wider humanitarian sector carbon neutral. The "Greening the Orange" project is responsible for the development of a strategy and a framework for a green shift in NRC, canvassing all aspects of our work, and spanning our offices, supply chain and programming.
Creating a greener humanitarian response will require changes at all levels of NRC; communication will play a crucial role in inspiring the people and processes needed to make this happen
Duties and responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Greening the Orange Project Manager, the Communication Coordinator will lead on both creative internal communications, and structured monitoring of environmental sustainability across the organisation. The successful applicant will be passionate about our responsibility to address climate change, committed to supporting communities affected by displacement, a clear, creative thinker and an organised administrator. The role will take responsibility for both the collection of data and for creating innovative and motivating ways of presenting it for both internal and external audiences.
- Set up and manage collaboration and communication channels for the project team and for communication with the rest of the organisation/stakeholder groups.
- Produce and support the production of communications products, including web stories, photos and video for all interfaces (Workplace, intranet, email, presentations, reports, and other documents).
- Plan and operationalise communication initiatives and activities in collaboration with project management.
- Revise and update communication plans for different project phases and emerging needs.
- Coordinate with country offices and regional offices to ensure timely submission of baseline and monitoring data on environmental footprint.
- Produce country, regional and global overviews and facilitate information sharing.
- Support to the development and implementation of reporting methodology, system management and guidance, tools and templates for triannual reporting of environmental footprint, in collaboration with project management.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Programme Development and Support (executive for the project), and Project Manager for Greening the Orange (E.g. drafting of documents and minutes, logging of information, update of action item lists, editing and filing of documents).
- Assist Project Manager for Greening the Orange in coordination of Greening the Orange Strategy process.
- University degree in political science, human geography or other social studies
- Experience from multi-media and story-gathering and digital communication
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with other departments, sections and units
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal,
- Competent ICT user, including word, excel, outlook, visio, ppt etc. Skills with Adobe photoshop, video editing software and other programmes will be well regarded
The following competencies are essential for this position:
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
We can offer
- A 8- month position at NRC's Head Office in Oslo
- Good pension and insurance schemes
- A great opportunity to work in an international setting for a world recognized organization
- Access to a unique network of humanitarian and development professionals
- A meaningful job working with the world's challenges on location
- Prinsens gate 2, 0152 Oslo
- Ideelle organisasjoner
Spørsmål om stillingen
Prinsens gate 2, 0152 Oslo
|Sist endret||12. okt. 2020 16:17|