Environmental Remediation Manager
- Norsk Hydro ASA
- Environmental Remediation Manager
Corporate Center in Hydro is mainly located at Vækerø and has around 260 employees within the areas of Finance, People & Safety, Legal and Compliance, Communication & Public Affairs and Corporate Development.
The Corporate Development function objective is to support Hydro in shaping a profitable and sustainable future for Hydro. It includes Sustainability, Technology Office and Portfolio & Strategy.
Sustainability is responsible for Hydro’s sustainability strategy. It includes Climate, Environment, CSR, Extra -financial reporting, and Legacy & Closure.
Group Legacy & Closure is a newly established function in Hydro and part of Sustainability. The ambition is to create a positive legacy for future generations. In order to achieve sustainable closure of industrial sites we pro-actively manage risk and opportunity throughout all phases of an asset’s life, including planning/construction or acquisition, operation, closure or sales, and post-closure.
We are looking for a professional with strong environmental expertise and broad experience to join us in further developing the department and to contribute to Hydro’s sustainability agenda – Shaping and safeguarding.
Area of Responsibility
- Environmental assessment of industrial sites with focus on potential environmental legacies, such as pollution in soil, sediments and water, and landfills.
- Development of remediation & closure strategies and solutions; to be based on a strong understanding of environmental, technical, regulatory, and cost aspects.
- Risk assessments, including development of methodology.
- Development of governance documents, such as defining requirements for Hydro’s legacy sites.
- Development of new knowledge. For example, initiate projects with external research and consultancy providers.
- Lead or participate in various initiatives and projects within Legacy & Closure and across the Sustainability department.
- Support to business processes such as investment and divestment.
- Advise finance department with respect to environmental provisions and asset retirement obligations.
Higher environmental or technical university degree, MSc or equivalent.
- 10-15 years relevant work experience.
- Experience with assessments related to pollution in ground, sediments and water and/or related to landfills.
- Experience with remediation techniques and solutions, including cost aspects.
- Experience with regulatory requirements.
- Ability to bridge environmental, technical, regulatory, and financial aspects.
- Ability to collaborate across disciplines and cultures.
- Excellent English proficiency, Norwegian or Portuguese is considered an advantage.
To succeed in this position, you must be highly self-driven and able to work independently while collaborating with many stakeholders. You have strong analytical skills and have a strategic and holistic mindset.
Travel to Hydro sites is expected both within and outside Europe.
Job location is Oslo, Norway.
Health, safety, security, and environment (HSE) are an integrated part of Hydro’s daily activities. Our responsibility is to protect the health and safety of our employees and to contribute to the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate. We thus look for employees who will contribute positively to this by their commitment to HSE, their attitude and related actions.
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc. Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Apply before: 10/11/2020
If you have any questions, please contact:
Linda Therese Wiik
Phone: (Norway +47) 47385984
Phone:(Norway +47) 97031556
Do you want to shape our story with your personality, expertise and ambitions? At Hydro we are a global family of 35 000 people that extract, produce, shape and reuse the world’s most flexible and sustainable metal into infinite innovations and applications.
- 0283 Oslo
- Metaller og mineraler
|Sist endret||10. okt. 2020 23:36|