Software Developer for developing cutting-edge applications for Salmon Welfare!
- BioSort AS
- Full Stack Software Developer
Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology for individualized aquaculture? At BioSort we are riding the wave of solutions currently being developed for AI and computer vision based autonomous machines. iFarm, the product we are developing, is a system that utilizes computer vision, deep learning, and biometrics to create health records of fish. Each fish is analyzed for possible disease symptoms and those which need treatment are sorted out. The result is increased fish welfare and sustainability while lowering the production cost of fish farming.
The project is supported by Development Licenses awarded by the Directorate of Fisheries, with funding secured for 5 years. We are still in the early days of developing iFarm. Do you want to be part of shaping the product and features from scratch, and the journey to build a groundbreaking product? Join us as a Full Stack Software Developer!
We know that BioSort's success depends entirely on the knowledge and capabilities of our employees, so we put great effort in gathering an outstanding team. Our open company culture is characterized by initiative and involvement, giving you great creative freedom. It has been a top priority to invest in facilities with inspiring working conditions and lab capabilities - including an electronics lab, a mechanical lab, and a ”wet lab” with a pool for testing equipment under water. We are developing iFarm over several iterations (prototype generations), where the first prototype will be put into the sea in autumn 2020. Get in touch to learn more!
You will be:
- Responsible for design, implementation, testing, rollout, and operations of the infrastructure software, and data services
- Responsible for the development of tools and applications for product operations, including user interfaces [both onsite and remote] for the stakeholders of the product
- Developing clean and effective code by allowing refactoring when needed and ensuring your code base incl. tests are ready for change [with unit testing, Continuous Integration (CI) & Continuous Development (CD)]
- Part of team discussions on architectural design and solutions, continuously looking for improvements
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 4+ years of experience and in-depth knowledge of least one high level programming language (such as C/C++, .Net, C#), unit testing, and debugging commercial software
- Passionate about high performant services, high availability, reliability, and consistency with focus on delivery
- Proficiency in web development and frameworks (such as React or VueJS) for developing web-based applications
- Strong understanding of a RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL preferred), proficient with SQL (preferably PL/SQL)
- Good understanding of software design patterns and best practices
- Passionate about solid coding practices, including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a flexible approach to problem resolution and an ability to deal appropriately with changing requirements.
- Confidence and maturity to manage personal workload and deliver effective and high-quality software systems under pressure and to tight timescales
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Team player with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
“Nice to have experience”:
- Microservices and REST API.
- Cloud applications, big data, and data engineering.
- Unit testing, Continuous Integration (CI) & Continuous Development (CD)
- Reusable UX components or libraries.
- Network programming and network-oriented design patterns
- Profiling and code optimizing
- Over-the-Air software updates
- Systems analysis and design techniques
- Structured software development techniques and tools
- Passionate about software development
- Open minded
- Focused and independent
- Happy to work in a small team where you make an impact
- Exciting technology development in a multidisciplinary team of passionate, highly skilled, and inspiring colleagues
- "Startup atmosphere" with "large company stability"
- Nice open office, by the water, with likely the longest idea cork wall in Oslo (13 meters)
- Excellent benefits and a fantastic work environment
- Equipment of your own choice
- Coffee from Solberg & Hansen in the office
- Several very good Cantinas, Gym, and Coffee shop in the building
You can read more about BioSort here: www.biosort.no
If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact us.
- Martin Linges vei 25, 1364 Fornebu
- IT - maskinvare,
- IT - programvare
- IT utvikling / Utvikler (generell),
- IT utvikling / Full stack utvikler,
- IT utvikling / AI / Maskinlæring
utvikler, datateknologi, computer science, backend, c++
|Sist endret||13. okt. 2020 00:04|