Are you a Technical Leader with great communication skills? We welcome your application...
- Yara International ASA
- Technical Leader Web
About the Unit:
Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet. Supporting our vision of a world without hunger, we pursue a strategy of sustainable value growth, promoting climate-friendly and high-yielding crop nutrition solutions for the world’s farming community and food industry.
Our unit, Sales and Marketing Application Delivery, is global and has the mandate to enable Yara’s commercial ambitions through the use of Information Technology. We build software solutions at global scale in order to make our commercial organization more efficient, generate more product demand, or get a better service from Yara.
We are a unit with two teams (Web and Mobile development, and Customer Relationship Management) made of software developers, IT architects, agile leaders, and product owners heavily focused in creating great customer experiences, while maximizing value creation for Yara.
- Technical reference. Be the example for the team, in terms of technical excellence and productivity. The team should look at the technical leader as somebody to emulate, learn from and follow. Leading by example.(The position does not hold a line management responsibilty)
- Design the emergent architecture, in collaboration with people from his/her team, and other stakeholders such as Enterprise/Domain Architecture, and Cyber Security.
- Technical support and advise. When the team has questions or doubts about any technical topic, the leader is able to answer or to have a way to get proper answers. The leader is fundamental in keeping flow, removing noise and understanding what is important on the eyes of the team.
- Keep in mind the overarching architecture. While the team focuses the most in developing the different pieces of the applications, it's up to the technical leader to know and understand the overall architecture and the high level view of the different components.
- Translate technical realities into business terms. When facing conversations with customers, business owners or other stakeholders, the leader is able to translate different technical concepts, topics, issues or options into business terms; he adapts the level of detail and tone depending on the audience. Sometimes can be used as bridge by some of the developers when they are focused on technical duties.
- Knowing the team. the leader knows the strengths and weakness of the different people of the team, giving guidance to pull work and organizing it, while not imposing his way. The leader also proposese different career development activities to strenghten technical capabilities.
- Servant leader. Guides people, and then let them do the work. Moreover, praises people for their efforts and results achieved.
- Degree, preferably Master (minimum Bachelor), within Business Administration/Engineering/Computer Science, plus minimum 5 years relevant experience. Long relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education.
- 5+ years working for enabling commercial organizations (marketing, sales, or any other related area)
- Fluency in English is required
- Servant leader
- Agile Software Development skills - Microsoft stack
- DevOps automation - Microsoft stack
- Experience in a complex, multi-cultural, multi-vendor environment.
- Able to abstract and forget about low level detail.
- Can-do attitude
- Curious and learner
- Autonomy and self-driven
Victor Mendivil, Senior Manager Application Delivery
firstname.lastname@example.org / +32479870347
Kadir Fazlioglu, Recruiter
Apply no later than
1st October 2020
Yara delivers solutions for sustainable agriculture and the environment. Our fertilizers and crop nutrition programs help produce the food required for the growing world population. Our industrial products and solutions reduce emissions, improve air quality and support safe and efficient operations. Founded in Norway in 1905, Yara has a worldwide presence with sales to 150 countries. Safety is always our top priority.
Technical, Leader, Web
|Sist endret||18. sep. 2020 08:37|