Electrifying Naval architect - 1 of 12 new positions!
- Evoy AS
- Naval Architect / Marin Ingeniør
Evoy is experiencing massive interest from all over the world for our disruptive high-output motor systems for electric boats. We are now building an organization for innovative and efficient development, design, and delivery of the world’s foremost electric propulsion system for boats, and for that we need the best people.
We are looking for an outstanding naval architect. Technology in electrical propulsion is developing at lightning speed. With constantly new and improved system components, we must continuously document that our systems are optimal in relation to boat type and hull design. We must ensure that the boats equipped with our electrical systems meet all legal and class requirements in terms of strength and stability. As a naval architect for our electric boat systems, you must be able to identify with Evoy's core values: Genuine, Innovative, Sustainable and Fun and be a team player who is concerned with establishing and nurturing good relationships both internally and externally. You must have a passionate interest and experience of working in a hectic and expansive work environment. Do you want to be part of out team, building a product with meaning?
This position reports to our CCO.
The chosen candidate will:
- Be the main contact and competence towards boat designers, -builders and -yards around the world.
- Responsible for developing tools for displaying electric propulsions superiority.
- Actively support sales team with competence, tools and input
- Collaborate with technical manager and battery manager on design and component selection.
- Actively contribute towards testing and analysing the systems on the water.
- Actively contribute to product development and design for Evoy’s own mechanical/hydrodynamic solutions for propulsion.
- Provide input for placement of components in the boat to ensure minimal load and efficient transfer of power to propulsion.
- Recommend existing boat and hull types that will be beneficial for Evoy's products.
- Develop and recommend boat and hull design with our customers.
- Evaluate potential for our own boat development in the future.
- Provide support to assembly and testing teams during product operations.
- Prepare vessel analyses and reports.
- Ensure quality in project delivery in relation to regulations and certifications related to vessel – system interface.
- Minimum bachelor, preferably masters as naval architect/maritime engineer
- Knowledge of the regulations of recognized class companies especially in the field of design, structure, stability calculation and hull calculation.
- Experience from structure and equipment calculations.
- Experience from project work.
- Solid English writing and oral skills. Norwegian language skills are an advantage. Alternatively, willingness to learn Norwegian is a prerequisite.
- Solid IT competency.
- An advantage if you have experience from serial production.
- Systematic and dedicated to documentation
- Thrive in a hectic business environment with a high degree of growth and change
- Work well in team and are a good communicator
- Effective, self-organised and targeted
- Can handle multiple priorities, organize workloads and meet deadlines
- Have the confidence to learn and adapt to more and new technologies.
- Have a genuine belief that future mobility at sea is best served by an electric boat.
- Having an interest in the small-boats and the marine environment is a prerequisite.
- Opportunity to participate in the development of world leading ocean technology for the blue environmental shift
- 100% permanent position. Options in the company.
- An open contributing work environment. Enthusiastic, creative, committed colleagues.
- Head office and production facilities are in Florø, Norway. Working from other locations are permittable after initial training phase. Potential residence in Florø will be weighted positively.
- A flexible working day with varied tasks
- Good follow-up and good development opportunities both professionally and personally.
- The right candidate will be able to grow with the company and influence their own work frame and direction.
To Apply: Use the link provided in the www.finn.no or if you dont speak norwegain you can use the form at this page: https://www.evoy.no/careers-application/
Evoy is an ambitious company with expansive growth. Our vision is to eliminate emissions from boats around the world and to make a vital contribution to the biggest challenge of our time, the climate crisis. Our core values are genuine, Innovative, Sustainable and Fun.
Evoy develops and sells world-leading powerful electric propulsion systems for boats in the professional and leisure boat segment. We are building an organization and product portfolio that is making the transition from being regional to international. Our employees will experience the joy of building something relevant, unique, and electrifying.
Our head office in Florø is situated in the innovations cluster Peak Florø. Peak Florø houses several companies that are investing heavily in the blue environmental shift and Evoy will contribute further to developing this environment. Florø is known for its idyllic location and proximity to fjords, mountains, and the sea. The beautiful archipelago is perfect to explore with Evoy's all-electric high-speed boat, Evoy1. We have good travel connections to Oslo and Bergen (Air and highspeed boat terminals).
With Evoy, YOU can personally make a real difference in the fight to save our climate.
ingeniør, innovasjon, Båt, Elektrisk, Business Development
|Sist endret||28. sep. 2020 00:00|