The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is looking for a new team member!
- Royal Netherlands Embassy in Oslo
- Senior Policy Officer (Political Affairs, Arctic, Marine & Maritime and Energy)
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Oslo is looking for a senior policy officer. Are you interested in political affairs, the Arctic region and Energy policy? Are you able to analyze and explain developments in Norway and Iceland in relation to its neighbors, Europe and the world? Then this might be an interesting opportunity for you.
This is a full-time position for 5 days per week, for a total of 37,5 hours per week. You will based in Oslo.
About the role:
The Embassy is the official representation of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Norway and Iceland. Its main responsibility is to maintain and intensify the bilateral relations between the Netherlands and Norway and Iceland, as well as to promote the interests of the Netherlands in the broadest sense, including governmental and non-governmental institutions, Dutch citizens and the private sector. In order to be able to do so, it takes a keen interest in regional and domestic policy, and (international) developments that concern Norway (and Iceland) and the Nordic region.
The ambassador, embassy colleagues and the ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Netherlands must be kept well informed about political developments in Norway and Iceland. The Embassy must maintain an up to date network of relevant officials, analysts, experts and political contacts across the political spectrum. The Embassy provides insight and context to current events in Norway and Iceland.
The policy officer is primarily responsible for monitoring and analyzing the political and economic developments in Norway and Iceland. He/she will report on these developments and, where relevant, make proposals how to address them.
The officer will also help to develop policy and to draw up project plans for the policy section. The policy officer works in the policy and economic cluster of the embassy and is guided by the policy framework of the Netherlands.
Responsibilities include monitoring and analyzing the developments in the main areas of focus:
- Arctic policy, regional and domestic energy issues, energy security, marine & maritime policy and general political developments (domestic and foreign policy) in Norway and Iceland. Closely following the press and media coverage and reporting back on these topics is essential.
- Reporting on or contributing to reports on these developments and ministerial policy to relevant players within the Embassy and the Ministry in the Hague. Preparing of briefings and speaking notes.
- Attending relevant meetings and events, and reporting on these. Where relevant, give policy advice on how to address the developments.
- Supporting Dutch enterprises and institutions in terms of providing information on business opportunities, possible partnerships and economic developments.
- Identifying information needs both inside and outside the Embassy/Ministry, and contributing to communication and branding by analyzing and reporting on economic and business sector developments in Norway and Iceland.
- Contributing to developing trade and investment relations between Dutch companies and their business partners.
- Building and enlarging a relevant and effective network with businesses, branch organizations, government institutions, NGO’s, political parties and international organizations in Norway, Iceland and the Netherlands.
- Supporting incoming delegations, including composing background information.
- Supporting events organized by the Embassy.
- Organizing public diplomacy activities and providing information for social media.
About the candidate:
You should meet the following formal criteria:
- Relevant Master’s Degree (i.a. political science, economics, business, international relations)
- 3 years relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of the subjects: Arctic, energy transition and relevant EU-policies
- Experience with economic and commercial or business development
- Excellent command of English and Norwegian, both orally and written
- (Basic) Dutch language proficiency could be an asset
- Skills in translating insights and information into advice, plans and concise reports and in assessing their policy and financial implications
We are looking for the following personal criteria:
- A team player, who can also work independently and has a focus on results.
- A flexible attitude, willing to take on a wide variety of tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to carry out a number of tasks at the same time.
- Ability to translate analysis into clear and concise writing as well as oral updates.
- A creative problem solver, who is able to work proactively and take initiative, while keeping colleagues informed.
- A good-humored colleague, that enjoys building, maintaining and sharing a network of useful connections for the embassy.
- High level of integrity.
The Embassy has an informal working atmosphere where staff work with a relatively high degree of autonomy. The Senior Policy Officer reports directly to the (deputy) Head of Mission and works together with other colleagues in the political cluster as well as the Defence attaché. Candidates will need to be able to shape the function in such a way to maximize the value added and optimize the interaction with the rest of the team.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your application no later than 25 August 2020 to OSL-CDP@minbuza.nl.
The subject of your e-mail should be written as follows: Application for Senior Policy Officer – [first name] [last name].
Your application letter, CV and any supporting materials should be submitted in English.
- Oscarsgate 29, 0244 Oslo
- Kraft og energi,
- PR, informasjon og kommunikasjon
arktis, energi, politikk
|Sist endret||27. aug. 2020 10:27|