Are you our new Senior Naval Architect?
- Moss Maritime AS
- Specialist/Senior Naval Architect
We are looking to strengthen our team with a naval architect passionate about hydrodynamics of floating structures. At Moss Maritime you will have the chance of making a difference in a smaller company at the forefront of developing leading technology and providing engineering expertise for the maritime and offshore industry.
As a member of the Naval Technology department in Moss Maritime, you will be part of a young team of talented people dealing with hydrodynamics and mooring on all type of floating structures. You will contribute to Moss Maritime’s design and engineering of some of the world largest and most advanced semi-submersible drilling platforms and develop innovative floater designs for both exploration and production within the LNG industry as well as the renewable energy sector. The department is also involved in projects such as fish farming, floating wind and solar energy, large coastal structures and infrastructure. You will become a key hydrodynamic expert contributing in the design, engineering and R&D work within Moss Maritime’s business areas.
Education and experience
- You have minimum 8 - 10 years of work experience from marine/naval engineering in offshore or marine industry.
- MSc or PhD degree within the field of naval technology
- Knowledge to rules and regulations
- Experience in Orcaflex, DNVGL Sesam suite, CAD-tools
- Experience in following up model test
- Interest in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and machine learning
- Version control via GitHub
- Genuine interest and documented skills in hydrodynamics
- Strong computational background (fluency in MATLAB and/or Python) with interest for digitalization of workflows and ability to develop automatization processes
- Team player and willing to share knowledge
- Good communication skills, both in Norwegian and English (written and oral), for efficient work directly towards clients and inside our team
- Able to take discipline lead responsibility in projects as well as be comfortable in a “hands on” position
If you have what it takes you should follow the link: "søk her" at www.finn.no,
Any questions about the position will be answered by
Håkon Storheim, Department Manager, 901 12 196
Moss Maritime provides leading technology and expertise within design and engineering services mainly to the offshore energy sector. We specialize in frontier and technology advanced projects and provide a wide variety of design solutions for innovative floater designs for both exploration and production facilities, for the LNG industry, for the renewable energy sector as well as for aquaculture, large coastal structures and infrastructure. Situated centrally at Lysaker we offer a team of highly skilled colleagues, a good workplace environment, nice offices, work out facilities, bicycle maintenance room, car and e-car parking and charging.
- Vollsveien 17 A, 1325 Lysaker
- Maritim og offshore,
- Olje og gass
- Ingeniør / Subsea,
- Ingeniør / Marinteknikk / Naval architecture
Naval engineering, Naval Architect, Hydrodynamics
|Sist endret||10. aug. 2020 15:24|